Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: More FAQ help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Once again, the FAQ was close, but not 100% applicable to my question. Suppose a scenario is failed and retried. Is the scenario re-set from the beginning or is it re-set from the point of failure? In my case, the boss was killed, but some of the minions remained. The applicable FAQ is in bold below.


If we fail a scenario, can we immediately retry it?
Yes, your party location is still considered to be at that scenario, so you can fully recover hit points, cards, etc. and immediately do the scenario again without doing a road event, or you can return to town or do another scenario, but that may necessitate a road event before starting a scenario depending on the linking rules.


I liken this situation to a battle in D&D where the party runs away, heals up, and re-attacks before the enemies get restocked. Maybe, then, the scenario is not re-set from the beginning.

Thanks,
albcann
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
all is reset to 0 you have to start from scratch. just you don't have to draw a road event.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
all is reset to 0 you have to start from scratch. just you don't have to draw a road event.


The only thing that isn't reset is any treasure chest you picked up.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:


The only thing that isn't reset is any treasure chest you picked up.


ofc as it is crossed out in the scneario book, unless it is a treasure chest labeled: "GOAL", which are always available.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:

I liken this situation to a battle in D&D where the party runs away, heals up, and re-attacks before the enemies get restocked. Maybe, then, the scenario is not re-set from the beginning.


You have very easy DM's. We ran away, healed up, took the long rest (to refresh spells), and came back to a fully fortified entrance. Not sure why a DM thought you could refresh and the bad guys can't
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintHax wrote:
albcann wrote:

I liken this situation to a battle in D&D where the party runs away, heals up, and re-attacks before the enemies get restocked. Maybe, then, the scenario is not re-set from the beginning.


You have very easy DM's. We ran away, healed up, took the long rest (to refresh spells), and came back to a fully fortified entrance. Not sure why a DM thought you could refresh and the bad guys can't


The bad guys refreshed, but armed with knowledge of how the battle might go, we had an advantage. No such thing as a nice DM!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.