Subject: Encounter Card replayability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Meleti
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys

Just wondering do you think or know whether the encounter deck cards will be reused in later scenarios/campaigns or will they most likely be self-contained only within their own expansion/core set cycles?

I'm thinking if not, I'm going to end up with a very big collection of scenario and encounter cards, and a small collection of player cards to take with me whenever I want to meet up with people and play. I'm asking in terms of planning how to store my game and how much further I'm wanting to spend on this game down the track...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Małecki
Poland
Oława
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Encounter cards from the core set will be reused in many (if not all) future scenarios. Encounter cards from deluxe expansions are reused in the relevant cycle (so "Dunwich Legacy" deluxe expansion encounter sets are reused only in "Dunwich Legacy" cycle scenarios). Encounter cards from small expansions are never reused.

This way, after buying a deluxe expansion, you can buy and play any small expansion from the cycle without the need to have all of them. If encounter sets from small expansions were to be reused, it would be mandatory to buy all of them to be able to play different scenarios and it's something FFG wishes to avoid (and rightfully so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McSorley
Scotland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made up the encounter decks for Dunwich and The Miskatonic Museum. They all use encounter cards from the core set as well as their own new cards. I think things like Locked Doors will get used a lot in future encounter decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect they'll (core) be used a lot. I imagine most cycles will use one of the "Agents of..." sets, appropriate to the big bad behind the plot. Ghouls, nightgaunts, and rats are the orcs, owlbears, and...rats....of the Cthulhu gaming world. The rest are generic traps and bad things.

Sets from deluxe expansions will certainly be used within that cycle, but that cycle only. I don't think cycles will typically be interdependent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.