Subject: Best Family Game so Far rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
christopher anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing Splendor endlessly for the last 2 weeks. I have a 6 year old and a 13 year old. My wife and I started playing it after I taught the kids and they got her hooked. I was surprised by how quickly my youngest picked up the rules and the objective of the game. It was easy to teach to him, and he quickly developed some strategies (though his favorite is to ask which card we want and then to take that card for himself). I see plenty of benefits of this game for school-aged children learning simple math concepts and seeing patterns in game play. I don't think I will presenting the expansion to my family games, but it might scale well as the 6-year old becomes a better reader and understands the concepts a bit more.
Carcasonne used to be are number 1 game followed by Forbidden Island. I am happy to have another game on the list in the number one spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All three of those games are great choices!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for family games one you should put on your list is Dr. Eureka. It's become the number one family game in our house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
If you like Forbidden Island, Forbidden Desert is good to.

I also recommend Tsuro for kids. They seem to have a lot of fun following the paths and don't care if they lose. It also has a bit more randomness.

Colt Express is also a really good game that can be played with young kids. Just put the board together prior to your first game. Have it all ready to go. The putting together of the train cars can be a bit time consuming right out of the box.

Lastly Dungeon of Fortune is also a good fun game for kids.

I hadn't thought that Splendor could help teach some planing and math but that is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Clouthier
United States
Grand Blanc
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As have we, my wife and two daughters have logged over 30 plays of Splendor since acquiring just a couple months ago. Such a wonderfully addicting game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Matrix4b wrote:
If you like Forbidden Island, Forbidden Desert is good to.

I also recommend Tsuro for kids. They seem to have a lot of fun following the paths and don't care if they lose. It also has a bit more randomness.

Colt Express is also a really good game that can be played with young kids. Just put the board together prior to your first game. Have it all ready to go. The putting together of the train cars can be a bit time consuming right out of the box.

Lastly Dungeon of Fortune is also a good fun game for kids.

I hadn't thought that Splendor could help teach some planing and math but that is great.

I second Colt express.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Add Kingdomino to that list!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.