Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which rule has higher priority: the Diet of Worms or the Pacification?

This is relevant in case a Bishop is moved onto an Empire Card already containing another Bishop and some repressed Tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think if the empire has another bishop, there is no time to pacify, theocratic discussions are quick and dirty! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Albeit Jose's answer sounds more thematic according to the rules, the DoW happens before:

● Diet Of Worms Rule. If the destination card contains a Bishop (of any color), both Bishops are killed in an exchange.
● Pacification Rule. Otherwise, if the destination card moved to contains any Repressed Tokens, you
may choose one to Kill. There is no cost.21

At least that's my interpretation for that "otherwise".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cartesius wrote:
Albeit Jose's answer sounds more thematic according to the rules, the DoW happens before:

● Diet Of Worms Rule. If the destination card contains a Bishop (of any color), both Bishops are killed in an exchange.
● Pacification Rule. Otherwise, if the destination card moved to contains any Repressed Tokens, you

Joe's answer is saying that DoW takes priority. A diet in such contexts is a theological council/debate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cartesius wrote:

I think you got lost in my thematic interpretation, but that's what i meant. DoW happens first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.