Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thiago Aranha says in the comments section we are getting an add-on and the rest of the game play video will be posted later today.

Anyone want to speculate on what the add-on will be?

Anyone want to take bets on whether the rest of the game play video will be better than season 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rest of the video is gonna suck, like the first one did.

I really hope for another clan as an expansion. I mean there will be one for sure at the end of the compain so revealing the one expansion everyone knows is comming first and leave the ones that are not so obvious for the next weeks makes sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JF
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Head like an orange
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit boring - I'd rather wait and see.
I have no idea what an add-on could be for the game but I will give it a try hmmm ... a foldable handheld fan?
Seriously, a miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect 2 more clans available as add-ons as well as for retail purchase.

No doubt the video will stink; still like to see what can be gleaned from it concerning the additional seasons and end game scoring.

I think I understand why they did the 2 sets of Bushi at $100k each as SG's over the weekend; Thiago apparently took the week-end off so he wanted to make sure nothing actually happened while he was away. What better way then SG's that were expected with a huge value between each.

I expect things to pick-up this week and start pushing this towards the $4,000,000 mark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Add-on will likely be another clan. I suspect (as has been suggested by others), that there will likely be two separate clan add-ons eventually, for a total of 8 clans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andlord wrote:
The rest of the video is gonna suck, like the first one did.

+1. For the life of me, I can't figure out why CMON finds it so difficult to make a gameplay video. When Spencer was there, the videos were informative flowed smoothly. The current crew broke onto the scene with Blood Rage and hasn't improved. It looks like "mandatory fun" with inane, forced giggling and out of place "role playing." Never once, for example, during a play of Blood Rage did I feel the urge to howl like a wolf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwagner wrote:
I expect 2 more clans available as add-ons as well as for retail purchase.

I think the same.

Don't forget though that if you don't take them now and wait for release at retail later they will be without plastic fortresses, clan markers and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the video was pretty good. It was edited great, I love the multiple camera angles, I do wish they had done a text overview explaining the season and gameplay briefly beforehand. But now that I know mostly how the gameplay works it will be interesting to see how the other seasons unfold.

Now, at least 3 add-ons. One will be substantial. I could see a rolling scroll Map that is made an add-on as the substantial one. Why? They could charge $30 for that. It could also be made available to retail. Usually add-ons are not Kickstarter exclusives.

However, like in Massive Darkness, when the add-on is Kickstarter exclusive it does raise funds relatively quickly and bring on a mid-campaign bump in backers. The effects of this are multiplied if they join two of their larger customer groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got another $100 set aside for add-ons. Hope it is enough. Definitely want to get the clans now so I get all of the enhanced plastic tokens.

Thiago says expect 3 add-ons, 1 of them being substantial. Might be a 2 clan add-on as the big or else, some add-on that is even bigger than a single clan? hmmmmm.

Thiago just stated the substantial add-on is coming next week. Interesting.

Will just have to wait and see what today's add-on is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Also very curious about "substantial" and "not so substantial".
Especialy as the substantial one will only come next week.

What gameplay is concerned I think the video wasn't so bad.
The second time I watched it was all quite understandable, actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While this might be unlikely, but since CMON is already not doing anything we expected (like a clan stretchgoal)

1) I could wager perhaps a add-on that gives us 2 clans at once.
2) A larger board.
3) A bigger box to hold everything in.
4) A custom insert.
5) An artbook perhaps with a story.
6) A cross-over, some of the mini's from bloodrage work in rising sun, or visa versa.
7) An expansion pack 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add-on will be art-book maybe... at this point.

Expect KS comments to be filled with usual 30% raging about no 2-player, solo mode, not >50% minis historically accurate and anatomically exactly how they wanted, not some diamond encrusted minis like they wanted etc. etc. etc. people still raging about the name of the game. snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping it's not expansions before the game even comes out. I'm sure it will be, but man do I hate knowing there's "more" when I haven't even tried the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Becker
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
badge
Banana!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess metal coins as an add on aren't bad. I really do hate it when it is additional content as an add on and not just superfluous stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ah kaiser
Canada
Woodstock
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Cruise Last Samurai Add On! Complete with horse!

Seriously, I will go with monster pack and guess 4 dragons representing the 4 wind direction (East/West/North/South)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tantive4 wrote:
I guess metal coins as an add on aren't bad.

I really hope they will do this as a regular stretch goal and not an add-on

Edit: Nevermind, they just posted it as an add-on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal coins for $20? Meh. I was not really interested in metal coins, though the more I think about it and see the "aged" look of them, the more interested I get.

I guess it was too early for the 2 clan add-on set. I expect that will be the substantial add-on for next week.

I am interested to see how much this moves the pledge amounts. Are metal coins for $20 something everyone wants or just for a small percentage of the backers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snow Blind
msg tools
Hmm, after a quick watch on the new video I'm having serious doubts about my pledge. Seems like every single battle in the game ends with a suicide or a kidnap before they even start... The cool looking monsters don't seem to be adding anything since they too can kill themselves or get kidnapped. I might go for a more battle heavy game instead of this suicidal point salad.

Will have to look at the rest of the video at a better time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HailTheSun wrote:
Hmm, after a quick watch on the new video I'm having serious doubts about my pledge. Seems like every single battle in the game ends with a suicide or a kidnap before they even start... The cool looking monsters don't seem to be adding anything since they too can kill themselves or get kidnapped. I might go for a more battle heavy game instead of this suicidal point salad.

I'm not surprised. To be honest, it didn't look like a combat heavy game in the first place, so if you want monsters battling each other in an epic fight, this isn't the game you're looking for. Most of the time, players will discuss peacefully the outcome of the battle so that everyone gets something out of it. And sometimes, players will break their promise to grab the province or the honor unexpectedly.

As for monsters being taken hostage... I guess when you have a monster in the battle, you'll want to invest a few coins to try to win the hostage bid. Or agree with the other that none of you should bid for hostages, if you're in a trusting mood.

I find the design brilliant, but that's probably because I was expecting a game of subtle diplomacy, and not a miniature skirmish (there's enough games like this already).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal Coins = Easy pass
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on CMoN's past Kickstarters, I think it's safe to assume that at least one optional buy will be for an expansion pack of some kind, similar to the Gods and Mystics expansions for Blood Rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
Based on CMoN's past Kickstarters, I think it's safe to assume that at least one optional buy will be for an expansion pack of some kind, similar to the Gods and Mystics expansions for Blood Rage.

I think so too. In BR, the gods & Mystics were stretch goals, though.

My guess is still a +2 clan box, like BR's 5th player expansion.
Retail backers can't play with 6 players unless there's an expansion.
So it's very likely that there will be (at least) one more clan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the substantial add on is most likely a two clan box set for retail as well, so non KS buyers will be able to have 7 clans.

If the art book is the other planned add on that would put the non exclusive Oni monster in the 2 clan box for retail, making it substantialler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwagner wrote:
If the art book is the other planned add on that would put the non exclusive Oni monster in the 2 clan box for retail, making it substantialler!

Wouldn't that be weird (packaging-wise) to have one part of a retail box as a stretch goal, and the other as an add-on, though ? They'd have to ship the mini separately to half the backers, which would be a logistics nightmare. More likely, the Oni miniature is going to be grouped with other non-exclusive stretch goals that we haven't seen yet, and sent as a single package both for the KS and retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
jeffwagner wrote:

Wouldn't that be weird (packaging-wise) to have one part of a retail box as a stretch goal, and the other as an add-on, though ? They'd have to ship the mini separately to half the backers, which would be a logistics nightmare. More likely, the Oni miniature is going to be grouped with other non-exclusive stretch goals that we haven't seen yet, and sent as a single package both for the KS and retail.

Yeah. I think the extra Oni will just find its way into the retail box, like the alternative Bushi sculpts and other non-KSE sculpts.

What would however be a good idea is to have a big 2-clan box PLUS an extra monster or 2 in it, perhaps even 6 extra season cards. That would make the expansion more substantial and wanted.
And since the KS version would also have plastic fortresses and clan tokens for those 2 extra clans, a must have for every backer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.