Final Act» Forums » Rules

Subject: Minefield and Counter placement questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We played a second wild game where my brother got to the third last row on each flank but a timely air strike cleared my left and sending the reserves to my right stopped that threat. I was able to advance with my remaining 4 tanks to defeat his remaing 2 tanks! A really fun time.

A couple small questions arose. And please don't see these questions as any kind of criticism of the rules. They are good. Note my '10' rating of the game! But in the heat of battle, a few weird situations came up.

What happens if a tank is mistakenly ordered to advance into a minefield? And yes I did it. I had two tanks next to each other and gave each tank the order I meant to give the other tank. Would the tank just not move? Would it take a hit? Would it be eliminated?

Smoke and the Repair counters have to be placed on 'vacant' squares. Can smoke be placed on a swamp or minefield or berm? Can the repair counter go on a legal minefield (with the crossing arrow) or a berm?

What happens if a tank is on the Engineer counter on a minefield when the Engineer is removed from the game? And yes it almost happened! I placed the Engineer but didn't move. I wanted to go onto the Engineer the next turn but the tank would have still been on the minefield when the engineer was removed?

None of these questions are critical and we easily agreed on a ruling but we wondered if there was an official ruling for them.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Katz
msg tools
Hi Mark

1. A tank ordered (by mistake) to move to a mine field stays in place. Consider this an ilegal move (and not hit). "Punishment" is waisting a turn.
2.Smoke could be placed on a minefield and a berm, but not on the water obstacle (smoke would not work in water, for real, I mean - good question! Same is true for "repair".
3. If eng. is removed than it is not in effect. I guess you can decide it lasts for a couple of turns if this suits you guys...

These are great questions. Again, hope this helped you guys.
S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes that helps a lot! Thanks! We really appreciate the help. We are having a great time with this game!

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.