Subject: Poland resists under Locarno rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikola Pajvancic
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, summer of '39, Poland is (unfortunately) still under Locarno. Germans demand the Corridor, Poland resists. International Crisis roll leads to Diplomatic incident table and that leads to Guarantee table and that gives: Conflicting plans: No Results.

What now? Germans get the Ceded lands marker without a fight, just like when the demand is accepted, and Pre-War is still in effect? Or something else? What rules are pertinent to this situation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Conflicting plans: No Results.

That is exactly what it sounds like: no result. Germany does not get the corridor and is not at war with Poland. If Germany got the land, the event would say "Ceded Land" or perhaps "Gradual Decline". Since Poland wasn't activated, Germany doesn't even put the Polish Corridor ceded land marker in its force pool.

Probably not the result the Germans were looking for.

The rules for this are in 15.7, first case under pre-war. You'll note Poland is NOT activated and must roll, which you did. The end result of that rolling was No Effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tham
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Best game ever!
badge
Happy Gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
What Mike said.

This game means what it says. After a number of plays I have learned not to assume anything that was not explicitly stated.

Hope you enjoy the game. It is one my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Eastbourne, England (Yankee go home!)
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikola wrote:
So, summer of '39, Poland is (unfortunately) still under Locarno. Germans demand the Corridor, Poland resists. International Crisis roll leads to Diplomatic incident table and that leads to Guarantee table and that gives: Conflicting plans: No Results.

What now? Germans get the Ceded lands marker without a fight, just like when the demand is accepted, and Pre-War is still in effect? Or something else? What rules are pertinent to this situation?

All of the above, but don't forget, though, that since Poland is still neutral, in the next political segment you will be rolling on the table again. Prewar is still in effect as well. Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Pajvancic
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys - yes, this is a lovely game, I've been fooling around with it for years, but mostly with later starts or with one map campaigns. Couple of times I tried for the whole story, it pretty much followed the historical narative - so I never had this particular situation.

Attacking Poland in mud and snow on next turns is going to be a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.