Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game and am learning the 1.3 rules on http://www.smallboxgames.com/rules_valkyrie.pdf .

During one of the 3 Engagements, on my Draft Phase turn, in the "Recruit" step, I can either "Draft" or "Recruit" a Barracks card.

If I play a Valkyrie or Action card that says "Recruit" a card, does that mean I must "Recruit" as in "send to top of my Pile" or "Recruit" as in I can choose to either "Draft" (shuffle into my Deck) or "Recruit" the card (send to top of my Pile) ?

For clarity I would have used a different word for the "Recruit" step like "Reinforce"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too struggled with the recruiting and drafting. Where they come from and where they go. Only played this once so far. I liked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I answered my own question on a re-read (and looks like I played it totally wrong on my first game).

Is this right?

Recruit. Buy Cards, as many as you want and have cards for. Don’t replenish (next Player does that). Per Barracks Card either:

Draft - discard hand to Pile (# cards = draft cost in white hex), then shuffle Barracks Card into Deck

Recruit – discard a Valkyrie/Action Card, trigger its FX, then send Barracks Card to top of your Pile.

edit: found this too: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/939150/questions-drafti...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will need to bust out my copy to check. I remember being confused by the drafting/recruiting. I'll check and post back today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazybyzantine wrote:
I think I answered my own question on a re-read (and looks like I played it totally wrong on my first game).

Is this right?

Recruit. Buy Cards, as many as you want and have cards for. Don’t replenish (next Player does that). Per Barracks Card either:

Draft - discard hand to Pile (# cards = draft cost in white hex), then shuffle Barracks Card into Deck

Recruit – discard a Valkyrie/Action Card, trigger its FX, then send Barracks Card to top of your Pile.

edit: found this too: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/939150/questions-drafti...

This is correct.
Draft--> shuffle into your Deck.
Recruit--> put on top of Pile (Your discards).

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.