2 Posts

Catan» Forums » General

Subject: WTB - Catan Board 5-6 Player Extension rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendon Gareth

Maryland
msg tools
I'm looking for an extra copy of Bill Trammel's Catan Board (5-6 player version).

I realize that the licensing, rollout, and ongoing production of this (and related products) was plagued with issues, but it's still my favorite ready-made game accessory, and I'd really like to get my hands on an additional middle segment for use in creating larger maps.

While Bill's Hexboard company recently closed down, there are still 5-6 player full boards available on Ebay and Amazon, but they are running close to $100, which is over 100% markup over the retail.

If anybody has one of these that they don't use, I'd be interested in buying it for a fair price. I am interested in either a complete 5-6 player board (all 3 pieces) or just the middle section (the part that looks like this <==>.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize Bill had his problems, but I am less than impressed by the way Catan Studios (Asmodee) has handled things. The Kickstarter page is gone so I can't even validate what I paid? Idiocy on their part.

Surely they could work out a deal with the company that owns/holds the molds now that Bill is out of the way. Yet they did nothing and just claim this is for the best, even though some of us lost a way to learn about what happened.

I am sure a thread on this exists here, but I can't find it.

I do have several of the original boards, but I don't really want to part with them however, sorry to the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.