Popular Tags: [View All]
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 1.3 rules what should you do here?

Supposed to setup a final War Phase with 5 Conflicts, but I have no more Incident Cards. Rules say don't automatically reshuffle Incident Deck if ever run out.

Would you reshuffle Wreckage and setup as new Incident Deck with 1 Wreckage card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules in the section on the "War Phase".

"In the event that there are no Incident cards remaining to add to the Conflict(s), cards may be taken, at random, from the Wreckage."

Hope that helps.

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't see that, but it's a little unclear...

1. I assume "at random" means draw facedown?

2. If so, does that mean shuffle and fan out Wreckage deck facedown? (otherwise I could say memorize what card was on top of Wreckage and pick that one, so not random anymore)

I assume the game deliberately doesn't say "reshuffle Wreckage" as that would mean eliminating your Wreckage to make a new Incident deck, but a bit unclear on how they want to handle things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter what the "random cards" from the Wreckage are, they are placed FACE DOWN in the middle of the play area as the 4 (or 5 for the final War) Conflicts.
What's on their face doesn't matter a jot, they are simply fought over and go into the victor's VP pile for scoring at the end of the game.

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a quick shuffle and draw one (or more) face-down.

I think this only matters because of Death Walker, which can recruit a card from the Wreckage to your hand during the War Phase. It doesn't need to be secret per se, but it randomizes which card is no longer available.

Congrats on getting into this most excellent game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.