Subject: Giant - Move Front Four - Win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
In every game I have played, the Giant focuses on this move to win.

Using the "move four front cards from one stack to another" power, it is usually very easy for the Giant to keep piling up one column with cards (moving set after set of 4 cards to One Column) ... burying cards that Jack needs in the middle of a long stack of cards.

How is this not an easy strategy to win most or all games?

yes, I know that the Giant cannot make this move by pulling cards from a column with less than four cards. This does not weaken the strategy, in my view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
That does not make the giant win however.

It just make Jack's plays harder.

The move 4 is the Giant's main move. The move 2, since it can be cancelled by Jack, is there just to keep pressure on Jack. It's rarely used, but is essential to the game as it would be almost impossible for the giant to win without it.
The discard is also essential to thin the cards in columns and bring your giant cards together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that Jack can move cards back to front, and given that the giant can only interfere with that by discarding individual beanstalk cards, the giant can bury a given card only for so long. This is particularly true for treasures, which you can unearth quickly by digging from back to front.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.