Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a Concession or a Pirate be created on any of the 4 borders (i.e. even not adjacent of another card or on a land border), to get the majority of concessions (this can be useful for the Vote Op).

If so, can the Corsair Op be used to move a Pirate (Bandit?) that is on landmass (i.e. the border between Papal States and HRE).

If not, this means that only borders between adjancent Map cards are eligible for placing Pirates and Concession, am I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concessions can be placed in any border, pirates only on sea borders. There's a border only between two adjacent cards, so each card will have three or two borders (for the cards in the "corners").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Almost perfect answer above. Except that diagonal is also considered adjacent in PaxRen, and there is no border between cards that are adjacent diagonally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grayfoxpt wrote:
Almost perfect answer above. Except that diagonal is also considered adjacent in PaxRen, and there is no border between cards that are adjacent diagonally.

Isn't diagonal adjacency valid only for Campaigns?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No_Frets wrote:
Concessions can be placed in any border, pirates only on sea borders. There's a border only between two adjacent cards, so each card will have three or two borders (for the cards in the "corners").

So this means that Concessions in land borders (i.e. between Papal States and HRE) cannot be removed using Pirates but only Tax Op, Repress Op, and the Emancipation and Concession effects of a Regime Change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that valid borders are those between two empires, so there is no empire with 4 borders. E.g. Portugal has two borders: the one with Enland and another with Aragón.

Pirates can only be placed in Sea Borders, i.e, those crossed by an active or inactive Trade Route (containing Sea).

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emancipation of serfs can be done only on empty borders, the other options you listed are valid, right now I can't think of other ones.

And yes, the diagonal adjacency matters only during campaigns AND religious wars, still, Jose's clarification was spot on!

Edit: apparently "precisation" is not an english word
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read in another thread that the diagonal adjacency is also important for pirate movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm I don't think so, according to this thread you can't move pirates diagonally...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
masdero wrote:
grayfoxpt wrote:

Isn't diagonal adjacency valid only for Campaigns?

Depends on what you mean by "valid".

Sorry for the semantic ramble:
Adjancy is defined in the glossary and includes empires that are diagonal to each other. So for me, this definition is valid in the whole game. A rule might mention "adjacent" empires or might mention "empires that share a [sea] border" and these are different cases, that's what i meant.

An no, pirates cannot move diagonally, they can only move through sea borders. Or as i like to put it: they must follow the trade routes and cannot travel more than the first border they find after abandoning the empire on the corsair op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.