Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused about fortress damage and repair tracking.

When a fort is damaged it loses an SP. When a fort is repaired it gains a strength point and receives a repair marker. A fort can never be repaired to more SP's than it's starting 1914 level.

Q1) How do players remember the 1914 starting levels of their forts? If you have a poor memory like me, do you have to look them up for the given scenario each time you are looking to do repairs?

Q2) What is the purpose of the repair marker? Is it just to mark the forts you have currently repaired since you can only spend one point per fort?When are the repair markers removed from the map?

There are only four repair markers in the game and it would seem with both players doing production simultaneously you could run out of markers very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
I am a little confused about fortress damage and repair tracking.

When a fort is damaged it loses an SP. When a fort is repaired it gains a strength point and receives a repair marker. A fort can never be repaired to more SP's than it's starting 1914 level.

Q1) How do players remember the 1914 starting levels of their forts? If you have a poor memory like me, do you have to look them up for the given scenario each time you are looking to do repairs?

Q2) What is the purpose of the repair marker? Is it just to mark the forts you have currently repaired since you can only spend one point per fort?When are the repair markers removed from the map?

There are only four repair markers in the game and it would seem with both players doing production simultaneously you could run out of markers very quickly.

I have the same questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:

Q1. Memory or lookup yes. You need only know the 1914 values. All forts can be repaired to those values.

Q2. The low volume of makers is due to the fact that the repair action took place so infrequently in play testing. You should use them to mark the board during production so the you don't accidentally repair the same fortress twice. In practice this mistake will likely never happen as your opponent is eyeing the any fortress he is trying to destroy. Return the repair marker to supply once the fort marker is increased in value.

Go Celtics BTW!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Kurt!

Hopefully, I will get to play FoD in the next couple of weeks. It looks like it will be very awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.