Subject: Coins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Hannigan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON, can you show us the coins, maybe the weight? Heavy coins I would add-on, light coins are easy to find elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalvin24
msg tools
Thiago Aranha just commented that the coins will probably be about 2 cm wide and 2 mm thick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they've actually made any yet. So not sure they can answer. Because it doesn't sound like they've tested any samples yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other coin offers from previous CMoN campaigns have been light in weight.
I guess it is safe to expect the same in this campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bean
msg tools
Not too exciting of an add on IMO. I can get 100 Feng Shui coins on Amazon for 12 bucks and it sounds like they will be of the same quality based on the 20x2mm dimensions mentioned in the kickstarter comment section.

Think I am going to save my money for the more “essential” add ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The picture used for the add on is the exact same one used for the unlocked SG for plastic coins. So, do not base any of your decsions on the image used for the add on.

On the fence with these, metal seems nice, but plastic is OK as well. The backers seem to like them though; the pledge amount was growing by about $2,000 per hour and since the add on was announced, more like $20,000 per hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me even happier that I got in on the Tokaido KS. The metal coins from that look identical to these and will probably also be higher quality. CMoN has never impressed me with their upgraded coins in the past. In Dogs of War I use the cardboard instead of the "upgraded" plastic ones because they look nicer. Maybe their quality will improve for this game, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
To be vulnerable ...
badge
... is needed most of all.
mbmb
abean4187 wrote:
Not too exciting of an add on IMO. I can get 100 Feng Shui coins on Amazon for 12 bucks
... ok

But anyway, tons of people (especially in the KS comments) have been begging for metal coins. CMON pretty clearly wasn't planning to make them but they've made metal coins before so I guess they decided to do it again since there was clearly a demand.

pkreynolds wrote:
In Dogs of War I use the cardboard instead of the "upgraded" plastic ones because they look nicer.
That's fair but at least in Arcadia Quest I felt exactly the opposite. I took the cardboard coins and had them incinerated and bought extra plastic coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
phildinius wrote:
abean4187 wrote:
Not too exciting of an add on IMO. I can get 100 Feng Shui coins on Amazon for 12 bucks
... ok

But anyway, tons of people (especially in the KS comments) have been begging for metal coins. CMON pretty clearly wasn't planning to make them but they've made metal coins before so I guess they decided to do it again since there was clearly a demand.

Well personally not excited about the coins at all. But looking at the bright side: it may at least add a few $1000 to the pledge amount. Too bad it's just the coins, though. But at least we can be sure that the others will be 2 clans (" substantial") next week and the Art Book. Let's wait and see. I'm not impatient, I just hope we'll get what I (and a lot of others) want. After all all the stuff only comes in 2018 - so another week of waiting for the next add-on isn't all that horrible (to me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phildinius wrote:
I took the cardboard coins and had them incinerated and bought extra plastic coins.

I can tell you take your upgrades seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get 68 Japanese 5 Yen coins for $3 USD... if you can find em I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Legault
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the success of this thing it's kinda sad it wasn't just a stretch goal but rather a further money making opportunity. I'm still glad they are providing the option though. I've seen small companies game kickstarters with small kickstarters put out metal money for no charge, but it is sort of just extra flash and weight. Hopefully those that buy will put positive money into taking down the stretch goals at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

Would be soo hilarious if CMON would actually just toss some 5 yen coins into the gamebox to all those who buy this add-on. The moment they unpack, see it and do the math and go ..ooh fudge. Priceless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spike225BGG wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

Would be soo hilarious if CMON would actually just toss some 5 yen coins into the gamebox to all those who buy this add-on. The moment they unpack, see it and do the math and go ..ooh fudge. Priceless

"Worn to add authenticity"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ErPanfi
Italy
Treviso
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When that "Tokaido Collector Accessory Pack" you gifted to your fiancee turn out to be a better deal than expected

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

Yup, they have a hole, look great, and don't have any arabic numeral 5 on them to confuse you:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With this being a hybrid, they can't add as many gameplay elements as they can for an Ameritrash game. Frex, with Rise of Moloch, they added new campaigns, which meant new enemies, as SG's. With BR, they added an additional clan, some advanced units for each clan, and upgrades. For add-ons, they had an additional player expansion and an art book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Uitvlugt
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
FREE BREAD!
badge
FREE BREAD!
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

Where do you go to find these? I asked my bank, and they can't give me a specific denomination. I was thinking about checking the airport, but I doubt they'll have many of them on hand. There's no dedicated coin exchange nearby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh U wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

Where do you go to find these? I asked my bank, and they can't give me a specific denomination. I was thinking about checking the airport, but I doubt they'll have many of them on hand. There's no dedicated coin exchange nearby.

eBay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
Josh U wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

eBay

I looked on ebay. The only ones I could find was 2 bucks a coin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
steckman wrote:
Josh U wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

eBay

I searched for "Japanese Yen" and 2nd result is:
100 JAPANESE ¥5 (5 YEN) COINS for $17.75

And here is 100 ¥5 FIVE YEN and 100 ¥1 ONE YEN for $19.97
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh U wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

Do a google search for foreign currency exchange banks in your location, then get on the phone and ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
steckman wrote:
Josh U wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

eBay

I searched for "Japanese Yen" and 2nd result is:
100 JAPANESE ¥5 (5 YEN) COINS for $17.75

And here is 100 ¥5 FIVE YEN and 100 ¥1 ONE YEN for $19.97

You definitely don't want any one yen coins, but the 5 yen coins are really nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

Yup, they have a hole, look great, and don't have any arabic numeral 5 on them to confuse you:

From my piggy-bank, aged for authenticity!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone be interested in me trying to source 5 Yen coins, particularly for the UK market? I think I could sell them through Termight Replicas at 10 pence (13 cents) each plus shipping from the UK. That would come out at around £10 including UK shipping for 65 genuine coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.