Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 19 of the RRG it says:

There are rare situations where a figure can lose all of its
movement points while in a space where it cannot end its
movement (such as in another figure’s space). In this situation,
place the moving figure in the closest empty space.
If there are multiple closest empty spaces, the player
controlling the figure chooses.

Does this mean that a player can choose to gain movement points and move through a group of adjacent figures and come out on the other side without having the appropriate amount of movement points?

I know this would be a rare situation, but we could've used this in our last mission, Incoming. We were all bunched up in the hallway in front of an intersection trying to block movement. The way I'm interpreting this is that it could be abused to get extra moves without using both actions to move.

Any clarification would be great! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you may not voluntarily enter a space where you can't legally end movement if you don't have enough MP to then move out of that space into a space where you could legally end movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
I know this would be a rare situation...

If this were allowed it would not be a rare situation, it would be something that people would take advantage of every time they could (which would be frequently).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's meant for situations like when a nexu moves through figures towards 4 spaces it can fit, something interrupts it (like Mak with disengage) and suddenly the nexu can no longer fit and has not enough movement points to reach a space where it will fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, ok. I thought it sounded funny and would change the way the game is played. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.