Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[sorry my english]

I don't found in the rulebook:

1) If a Villain collect a artefact, the Villain Track move 2 steps forward. If the artefact fortune value is 3, the Villain Track move ONE step foward due to rule "The Track Marker moves 1 step forward for every full 3 Fortune coins the Villains collect", a total of 3 steps forward?

2) If Alexander choose draw 4 Event Cards using the Cairo Card (in Cairo City), he can draw 8 Event Cards and choose 4 cards using Resourceful ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help with your first question (I've never played it cooperatively) and I don't have a definite answer for #2 (you're right, the rule book doesn't say), but I would be ok with the Cartwright player drawing four extra cards. To implement his special ability, however, I would tell him to draw two cards, keep one, draw two more, keep one, etc. until he has four cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Question One: The second rule you reference (one step on the track for every three fortune) is only used when the Villains collect actual Fortune, which they'll generally only get through searching at a temple. Every time they gather three coins, they convert it into one advance on the Villain Track. For artifacts, just move them two steps forward no matter what the listed value of the artifact.

Question Two: Great question! I could see this going a number of ways. One literal reading might be that Cartwright's ability only works when he is drawing a single Event card. But I like the suggestion above: draw two, choose one, repeat until he's chosen four cards. Flying Frog doesn't often seem to weigh in on these fringe cases, so if you and your group can agree on something, then that's probably good enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Pete and Robert! I liked the suggestion.

One more question:

The rules states:
"Anytime a Henchmen Figure would be placed in a Space that already has one (or cannot be placed in a Space because there are no more models for them available), instead the Track Marker moves 1 step forward."

3) If a Nazy Villain enter in the board and there are no more models available to use as Bodyguard, the Villain Track step forward?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
1. Villains don't collect fortune from artifacts. So the fortune value on artifacts has zero effect on gameplay for the villains.

2. You would draw 2, then pick one. Then draw 2 more, and pick one. And do that a total of 4 times.

Drawing 8 total and picking 4 from among those 8 would be a WAY more powerful ability. And you're already getting a huge bonus from this card and this ability. By using the ability as written you have the chance of drawing two really good events cards at the same time and having to pick between them. Which is a less overpowered interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
descolado1 wrote:
The rules states:
"Anytime a Henchmen Figure would be placed in a Space that already has one (or cannot be placed in a Space because there are no more models for them available), instead the Track Marker moves 1 step forward."

3) If a Nazi Villain enter in the board and there are no more models available to use as Bodyguard, the Villain Track step forward?

F&G Complete Rulebook 0.8ß9: "If there are not enough Henchmen figures available, the Villain will come into play with fewer or no bodyguards. This does not move the Villain Track."

For the other questions, the others are right: only Fortune collected from Temples gets converted to Darkness at 3:1, and Cartwright's ability means "draw 2, pick one", four times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.