Hide
6 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Long Setup/Breakdown? 3 hour gameplay? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Huang
msg tools
I heard this game takes around 30 minutes to setup/breakdown, is this true? The gameplay is also 3 hours long? That seems like a long game. Is it 3 hours with 4 players? Are 2 player games shorter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Soltis
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mhuang wrote:
I heard this game takes around 30 minutes to setup/breakdown, is this true? The gameplay is also 3 hours long? That seems like a long game. Is it 3 hours with 4 players? Are 2 player games shorter?

For me, set up time depends on how well you have the components organized in the box. Set up takes me usually 10 minutes, but I am familiar with the game and have it stored conducive to set up.

As for playing time...

The first game can be upwards of 3 hours, but as you and your group gets to know the game and the phases, it goes pretty fast. It also depends on what scenario you play... Some have 12 rounds, other have 8 rounds. I can play RC now with a max time of 90 min to 2 hours. Two player is generally faster for me too because there are less people talking about the decisions with the worker placement.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Tube
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
eye, eye, eye, eye, eye, eye like you very much
badge
eye, caramba!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please follow address/link below to previous poll of playing time:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1495434/poll-real-playtime

Agree with above, set up depends on how you have everything stored. Also agree with 10min, but if just thrown in box then can be much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess Yi
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, doesn't take a terribly long time if you have everything separated and organized. Agree with the poll results above. I played recently with 4 players and taught the other 3 players. It was roughly 3 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Huang
msg tools
Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.