Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Idea: Power Rangers custom heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Wilson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm not sure if ideas are ok to post here, but if anyone more talented than myself wanted a fun idea for some new heroes, the original Power Rangers would be awesome. The seven rangers: red, blue, black, yellow, pink, green, and white. Rare card for each could be their Words. I'm not sure how Megazord could be tied in but I'd imagine the would be a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Berzley
United States
Houghton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea - I know there are a lot of resources on here to aid in card building. If I had more free time I'd totally take a crack at it.

--Just some ideas--

Masterminds:
Rita Repulsa
Ivan Ooze
Lord Zedd
Goldar
Green Ranger

Henchmen/Villains:
Putties
Oozemen
Tenga Warriors
Bulk & Skull

Schemes:
Day of the Dumpster
Green Candle

More I think about it, the more I think it would work as a Legendary Encounters variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Tran
msg tools
Bulk and Skull should so be Bystanders, as they are.

I think a new mechanic would be "Blade Blaster" as the card could be ranged(blue) or strength(green), but not both at the same time, or something of that nature.

Another mechanic would be "Morphin' Time," where a card could be a card type (red/blue/green/yellow/black) and provide recruit/attack or you can lose the card type and gain the opposite recruit/attack but it's a higher value.

I think their weapons and zords could be spread out through out their build, I'll try Pink Ranger just because her Zord and weapon are easy to do.

Common
Kimberly Hart - Valley Girl
2* cost - Instinct
1 attack - Morphin Time > 3 recruit
"All pink everything."

Kimberly Hart - Total Gymnast
2* cost - Power/Covert
Blade Blaster
2 attack

Uncommon
Kimberly Hart - Pterodactyl Zord
4* cost - Range
4 attack
"Helps if your Zord flies."

Rare
Kimberly Hart - Pink Power Bow
6* cost - Range
5* attack
Range,Covert > Ignore Fight ability of Enemies/Masterminds (once per turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Would love this! Needs a 'Go Giant' type keyword for bad guys though. Some trigger that makes them extra powerful. Maybe if they capture a bystander (not very thematic) or master strike or scheme twist based (kind of like Rita decided to grow Goldar massive!)

How about something like:

Enlarge - If a master strike or scheme twist is drawn, instead of discarding the card, place it under a card with Enlarge. Any card with Enlarge and a master strike or scheme twist, has double the printed Attack/Recruit.

Megazord would be tricky as it needs to incorporate all the zords really. I did something like this with Combine keyword in some of the Transformers set. When you had to discard so many cards with the same team icon to do one absolutely massive effect. This wouldn't really work here because each combiner team had their own specific team icon.

Maybe a side deck to replace Maria hill? Contains only megazord (can have multiple effects or different effects depending on the card maybe) but you need to have played a card with Zord in the name that turn before you can play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Berzley
United States
Houghton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I think I see a way to make this happen! - The Megazord that is.

fostorial, your Combine keyword gave me the idea.
One of the uncommon card sets for each character is their respective Zord. Or, we replace the Sheild Officer deck with Zord cards. (4 of each of the 5 main zords). They would still function as a standard Shield Officer, +2 Recruit Points.
Regardless the zord cards would have the following text:

Initiate Sequence - Must be the first card played this turn, discard your hand and play this card in the Megazord Zone.

Megazord Activated - Requires 5 Zords, KO all Zord cards to draw and play a Megazord Card.

First: You'll need a separate area, the Megazord Zone, in your play area to collect the played Zord cards. Either per player, or in a cumulative co-op area.

Second: A stack of different Megazord cards. One of these would be drawn and played when you trigger "Megazord Activated."

Megazord Deck:
1) Megazord Tank Mode - 5* attack, +3attack for each unique zord used to build. KO after use.
2) Megazord Battle Mode - 5* attack, +3 attack for each unique zord used to build. KO after use.
3) Megazord - Power Sword - 3* attack, +3 attack for each unique zord used to build. Discard after use.
4) Dragonzord - Battle Mode - 7* attack, +3 attack for each unique zord used to build. Discard after use. Play this as a zord to find and play the Mega Dragonzord.
5) Mega Dragonzord - *Attack, Must be activated with a Dragonzord. Defeat all remaining Mastermind cards or all villains in the city. KO after use.

It's a rough idea, but I think it could work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Could work but potentially too complicated with the various cards and areas in play. Especially for the two different zords. Plus I like the idea that only the green on can trigger the dragon zord.

Slight simplification but how about a good mastermind. Megazord has a mastermind type card and a couple of tactics (tank, sword, etc). It's basically inert until something triggers it at which point you may use one and only tactic.

It's main card would read once per turn you may add a Zord card to its zord pile. During your turn you may ko 5 zord cards from the zord pile to play a tactic.

There's a drawback in that you lose cards to power it up but the teamwork aspect is fitting that other people contribute but don't necessarily trigger the effect.

You could have dragon zord be one too and they could share a zord deck.

Still a little complex but slightly simpler and no more effect than a few existing masterminds.

Just a thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nguyen
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
fostorial wrote:
Would love this! Needs a 'Go Giant' type keyword for bad guys though. Some trigger that makes them extra powerful. Maybe if they capture a bystander (not very thematic) or master strike or scheme twist based (kind of like Rita decided to grow Goldar massive!)

How about something like:

Enlarge - If a master strike or scheme twist is drawn, instead of discarding the card, place it under a card with Enlarge. Any card with Enlarge and a master strike or scheme twist, has double the printed Attack/Recruit.

A little warning that some Schemes can also complicate this... so maybe put some kind of marker to remind players this unit has the Enlarge buff on it... just in case of something like "Dark Portals" comes up... which honestly can make things WORSE for the team.

As for Consuming Bystanders, some Monsters use it as their MO so maybe it'd be a Unique Enlarge trigger for some Adversaries but not all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.