BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for games to add into my collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rene Mackenzie
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I started to buy board games just last year, and I am so happy to be able to play some amazing ones. I have a tendency to buy a lot of board games, whenever I can, that fit my taste. So I'm looking for new games to buy. My genres can vary a lot, and now I am looking for not-so-expensive games but I'm not sure which one to buy.

These are the ones I currently have:
7 Wonders
Bang: The walking dead
Bloodborne -The Card Game-
Champions of Midgard
Codenames: Pictures
Coup
Coup Rebellion G54
Dominion
Eldritch Horror
Exploding Kittens
Fluxx: A Regular Show
Guillotine
Harry Potter: Battle at Hogwarts
Love Letter
Portal The Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game
Steam Time
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Deck Building Game
The Grizzled
The Resistance
The Resistance: Avalon
The Witcher Adventure game
Timeline Americana
Timeline Challenge
Timeline Cinema
Timeline Diversity
Timeline Science & Discovery
Viticulture: Essential Edition

Right now I want games that have Nordic theme, or that are worker placement, also interested in games that manage custom dice.

Any advice is appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Gamer

Herndon
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eltmanypieces wrote:
Right now I want games that have Nordic theme, or that are worker placement, also interested in games that manage custom dice.

Raiders of the North Sea - The expansions are currently on Kickstarter. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lowrey
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For managing custom dice while engaging in worker placement, have a look at Roll for the Galaxy. I’d recommend the Ambition expansion for it as well if you like the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A big +1 for Roll for the Galaxy! It is both worker placement and dice management, plus it seems like a good next step for you as many of your listed games are on the lighter side.

Another custom dice game I just picked up and have been enjoying a lot is Pandemic: The Cure, which is lighter than RftG but lots of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Archer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lords of Waterdeep - Fun worker placement game (similar to Champions of Midgard, though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Mackenzie
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MLowrey wrote:
For managing custom dice while engaging in worker placement, have a look at Roll for the Galaxy. I’d recommend the Ambition expansion for it as well if you like the base game.

Ok. You just convinced me, I saw the components and I love it. I will look more into it at BGG and check out reviews

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casual Gamer

Herndon
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eltmanypieces wrote:
MLowrey wrote:

Ok. You just convinced me, I saw the components and I love it. I will look more into it at BGG and check out reviews

Play the game at a meetup or such before you buy a copy just to make sure you will enjoy it. I've played Roll for the Galaxy twice, and I'm not a huge fan. I'm not even a minor fan. Yep, pretty much not a fan at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Mackenzie
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
urnmywy wrote:
eltmanypieces wrote:
MLowrey wrote:

Play the game at a meetup or such before you buy a copy just to make sure you will enjoy it. I've played Roll for the Galaxy twice, and I'm not a huge fan. I'm not even a minor fan. Yep, pretty much not a fan at all.

Ok, will try to, still I see a long way to buy one, as I already backed Strawberry Ninja and Champions of Midgard expansions.

Which is why I couldn't do the backing of Raiders of the North sea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Splendor is a good one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Long
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikings is a light-medium tile game that is lots of fun, plays relatively quickly, and was recently reprinted.

Blood Rage certainly has some fans out there.

Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King isn't Nordic, but has a similar vibe (another light-medium tile game).

If you can get a copy, Yggdrasil is a visually beautiful and difficult-to-beat cooperative game you may enjoy.

And another +1 for Roll for the Galaxy! Love that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Hodgins
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like your into card games. I just finished couple games of Ascension: Deckbuilding Game and Smash Up recently - both really fun.
Had good laughs with King of Tokyo over the weekend - 5 players - ruthless!
And Small World was a blast - all the different combo races and how quickly they come back out again - great battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Insert witty and self aware quote here
badge
Show how culturally relevant I am by writing a well written joke or meme reference
mbmbmbmbmb
Just buy games ranked 1-100..

Wait, am I doing this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.