Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just a quick question that I wasn't sure about:

For a movement action on a card that says Move X, do I have to move X number of spaces, or am I free to move any amount of spaces up to the amount specified on the card?

For example, I play a card with a "Move 4" action - can I choose to move 1, or do I have to move the full 4 spaces?
I understand that in some situations, you can end up back on your space by moving in a circle or back and forth, but knowing the actual answer would be useful in some circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Move up to 4 spaces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug D
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reaper829 wrote:
Just a quick question that I wasn't sure about:

For a movement action on a card that says Move X, do I have to move X number of spaces, or am I free to move any amount of spaces up to the amount specified on the card?

For example, I play a card with a "Move 4" action - can I choose to move 1, or do I have to move the full 4 spaces?
I understand that in some situations, you can end up back on your space by moving in a circle or back and forth, but knowing the actual answer would be useful in some circumstances.

You may move up to the total amount of movement specified on the card. For your Move 4 example, you may move 1,2,3, or 4 spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation! Glad I've been playing it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For reference, rules page 19.

'A "Move X" ability allows a character to move up to X number of hexes on the map.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
For reference, rules page 19.

'A "Move X" ability allows a character to move up to X number of hexes on the map.'

Yep. Everyone should have the rules pdf, and ctrl-F any key words they have questions on. It's a dense book, but most answers are in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.