Hide
3 Posts

Forbidden Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discarding cards during the combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian Wokulski
msg tools
What exactly happens when the combat card is discarded? I know that I don't lose an already gained dice, but I'm not entirely sure about temporary combat tokens(attack/defence). Let's say that I am attacking Eldar player and I play Hit and Run, which gives me 2 attack tokens. Then my SM enemy reveals Break the Line and forces me to discard Hit and Run(as it is my only faced up card, let's say). Do I lose the already gained tokens?

Another similar question is about Spiritseer's Guidance. The first part is clear - I gain dice and I don't lose it even if the card is discarded. But what about the later effect which affects the execution phase? The card is discarded before the actual execution phase happens. So does the effect still work? Do units take damage or not?

Tl'dr - what happens if the card is discarded, aside from losing the combat symbols on the left side of the card?

Sorry for my English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play a card, you immediately do everything it says (assuming you don't choose to ignore some of it).

When you are told to discard a card, you only discard the card itself. You don't undo all the things you have already done with it: gain combat tokens, gain extra dice, routing an enemy unit before the damage step, etc.

All you lose are the combat icons printed on the left side of the card, and any ongoing effects in the text.

There are very few of these ongoing effects: things like "Ambush" (kill any units you rout this round); "Spiritseers Guidance" (no units take damage for the rest of the round); and so on.

So most of the time, there is no effect except to lose the icons on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Wokulski
msg tools
Thank you! Now everything is clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.