Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
en zo
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Variant rule:
A pawn cannot leap to a vortex from anywhere, but only between vortices (of its own colour).

Opinion:
I've played 20 plays like this and it's enjoyable. It's tough and you're more at the mercy of the map, but it makes for some interesting and rewarding quick problem-solving challenges, and pushes the mind-reading requirement up a bit, too! Causes thinking such as: "Why's he moved yellow AWAY from that distant security camera? Ah, is it towards the nearest yellow portal?"
At larger player counts, this variant gives a "portal-only" player VERY little to do, but it's certainly fine with 4-5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Zuttion
Italy
Udine
Udine, Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...I actually played all the time with this, because I read the rules wrong...thanks for pointing out this is a Variant and the game rule is different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Delhez
Belgium
Leuze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Japara wrote:
Wow...I actually played all the time with this, because I read the rules wrong...thanks for pointing out this is a Variant and the game rule is different.

It seems that you like to complicate things…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this variant and also thought it was like that too, despite being written clearly in the rules... maybe because it just seemed OP or too easy to be able to instantly warp to a portal from anywhere. I agree too to use this variant at smaller player counts only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Delhez
Belgium
Leuze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It happens often.

That's why we changed the name of this square from TELEPORT to VORTEX.

Our idea was:
— for everyone, you always have to move from a teleport to another one.
— but nobody knows exactly how works a vortex, so it was up to us to decide of its effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, we also already played this way by accident. when I told my family last night they couldn't believe how easy it would be with the original rule. we are already at a point where we want to constantly make things harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Delhez
Belgium
Leuze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, the expansion is for you ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.