Hide
9 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Plant false lead rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Roche
msg tools
So the rebels did immobilisation after I discovered their base kessel and decided not to move. The empire took the probe card. The next turn he then played plant false lead. Put kessel at the top of the probe deck immobilised again and chose it again for his new Base. Surely that's not right??? He should have chose a new system right???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
caprat wrote:
So the rebels did immobilisation after I discovered their base kessel and decided not to move. The empire took the probe card.

The Empire does not take the probe card after the base is revealed (or when resolving Mobilization and deciding not to move), it's only turned face-up, so the situation you describe is impossible with correct play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caprat wrote:
So the rebels did immobilisation after I discovered their base kessel and decided not to move. The empire took the probe card. The next turn he then played plant false lead. Put kessel at the top of the probe deck immobilised again and chose it again for his new Base. Surely that's not right??? He should have chose a new system right???

I do not think that you hand over the card, if you decide not to move. Please also note that the decision if you move or don't, is at the end of phase 1 (after both players have done all their actions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roche
msg tools
Yeah we figured it out, the revealed card should've stayed in the rebel base space until after he had chosen a new Base. I took it when I shouldn't have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, please...we are playing the Rebels and just resolved the "Plant False Lead" mission...do we draw four cards from the Imperial player's hand, or from the Probe Card deck? And what is the logic behind where the cards are drawn from? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Metal Rat wrote:
Just to clarify, please...we are playing the Rebels and just resolved the "Plant False Lead" mission...do we draw four cards from the Imperial player's hand, or from the Probe Card deck? And what is the logic behind where the cards are drawn from? Thanks!

You draw them from the Imperial player's hand. The logic behind this is that probe cards in the IP's hand are bad and probe cards in the deck are good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Craig
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are drawn from the Empire's hand.
The logic behind this is, the Rebels are putting out leads that the probe droids that explored those planets find. This makes the Empire have to re-probe the system to make sure that the Rebels are not actually at that system
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger that--thank you to you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And now, all I have to do is to learn how to take advantage of an advantage when I have one...famous last words in this game:

Empire Team:

"Mommy, what missions should we attempt this round?"

"Missions? We don't need to attempt any missions. All we need to do is keep moving units until we find the Rebel Base."

Rebel Team:

"Daddy, do you think we should move our Rebel Base now?"

"Not yet, sweetheart. I'm sure we can hold out for one more turn."

Not. So very not.

*sigh*

It's a good thing I have a few more movies to catch up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.