Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Gamble
United Kingdom
nottingham
nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmb

I guess this is obvious but just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

with a push the enemy has to end in a hex that is "farther away" and that means one more hex than they currently are, right? so if you push an enemy that is adjacent to you, they have to be pushed into a hex that is two hexes away; they can't be pushed into another hex that is adjacent right?

same (but reversed) principle for pull, right?

I'm finding it difficult to push enemies into traps, but I think I just need to work on better character positioning

has "farther away" or "nearer" been specifically defined or are we just going with common sense and assuming it means more (or less) total hexes than the current distance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it's clarified either in the rules or the FAQ.

The monster must be further away (or closer) after a push (or pull). You can't push a monster sideways around yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
pumpkin01 wrote:

I guess this is obvious but just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

with a push the enemy has to end in a hex that is "farther away" and that means one more hex than they currently are, right? so if you push an enemy that is adjacent to you, they have to be pushed into a hex that is two hexes away; they can't be pushed into another hex that is adjacent right?

same (but reversed) principle for pull, right?

I'm finding it difficult to push enemies into traps, but I think I just need to work on better character positioning

has "farther away" or "nearer" been specifically defined or are we just going with common sense and assuming it means more (or less) total hexes than the current distance...

For a 'push' EVERY hex they move must be further. So if there is a guy adjacent to you and you do a push 3, then he will end 4 squares away from you (assuming he doesn't get to a place where he can't go any further first).

For a pull, it's the opposite. Every hex they move must bring them closer to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also have to go the entire distance of the push/pull value unless stopped by a wall or obstacles.

Flying figures will be push/pulled over obstacles and traps.

Jumping figures will not be push/pulled over obstacles and traps. Edit: they would be push /pulled through the trap and trigger it because they are not in control of their movement and not jumping over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hoisington
United States
flag msg tools
Rules
Page 22
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I might've fudged this rule a little once. whistle

It was either that or flip the table. I don't like having to play the same scenario more than twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My image to help explain it:

Blue is the character pushing, red are two enemies getting pushed, upper left yellow hexes are places they'd go with push 1, lower right is from push 2.

Each hex pushed must be further than the hex it came from from the pusher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d w
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hahma wrote:

Jumping figures will not be push/pulled over obstacles and traps.

Do you have a source on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icelock wrote:
Hahma wrote:

I'll have to look it up, but there was a thread recently about this and Isaac confirmed this. The basis was because the figure being pushed or pulled wasn't taking a turn and not in control, whereas a flying figure is already in the air.

Edit; what I meant was that it wouldn't be pushed or pulled over a trap without triggering it. It would still trigger a trap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
icelock wrote:
Hahma wrote:

I'll have to look it up, but there was a thread recently about this and Isaac confirmed this. The basis was because the figure being pushed or pulled wasn't taking a turn and not in control, whereas a flying figure is already in the air.

I could understand jumping monsters not being pushed over obstacles. It's an obstacle except when they're jumping.

But traps makes no sense. A monster can be pushed into a trap or hazardous terrain and takes damage in either case if it's NOT jumping/flying. And if it's not jumping on your turn when you push it into a trap, why wouldn't that work? I'd definitely like to see the post by Isaac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See edit above.

My original comment was based on meaning that weren't actually getting push/pulled over the trap, they aren't currently jumping when not in control and would be push/pulled through the trap and trigger it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
cmmayo wrote:
I might've fudged this rule a little once. whistle

It was either that or flip the table. I don't like having to play the same scenario more than twice.

hey, as long as you offset it somehow right? Lose all coins picked up this scenario, lose a checkmark, something that your character gave up to call on the gods and bend the laws of his world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.