United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay.

What are your favorite moments against this Nemesis, and the strategies you found were most effective against him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:
the strategies you found were most effective against him.

Cheating blush I swear I didn't do it on purpose, but it was VERY effective!

I love Prince of Gluttons. His eldritch appearance, the mechanics behind it is incredibly well thought and interesting, and you can adjust the difficulty when setting up the market, by playing with more or less gems (I usually have 1-2, but played with 4 last time. That's what you get for playing with randomizers.)
Having a lot of cards sharing the same cost also is effective as you can spread the devour effects among several market piles.

I'm not sure I would have rated it a 5 on the difficulty scale. To me, the Prince is easier than the Crooked Mask, and closer to the Blight Lord.

Mechanically speaking, I love how it plays around one of the main mechanism of the game: the fixed market. It summarizes why I like Aeon's End so much: Kevin explored all the nooks and crannies of his design, made all of them relevant, and made it so that the players can manipulate each single one of them: the turn order deck, the lack of shuffling, the charges, the breaches, the prepped spells, the market piles. This game is a giant sandbox.

Lorewise, I like that the Prince feasts on your memories. Devouring might not be the most thematic way of showing it, but it's efficient and I like it. I don't remember his special cards and minions, but I really, really am afraid of facing him when he vainquishes Horde-Crone and becomes the Prince of Troggs!

One of then, if not THE, most interesting of the currently available Nemeses, one what that stands in the middle of the difficulty curve, making the Prince one you'll come facing often.
But since I'm shy I'm still playing against Carapace Queen and Blight Lord!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:
Sorry for the delay.

What is your favorite moments against this Nemesis, and the strategies you found were most effective against him.

The look of despair when you convince someone to buy 2 or 3 cards from the devoured pile instead of the one card they actually wanted. #priceless

Fun Fact: The devoured pile used to be called 'The Belly' during development but the fun police shut that down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of the 2 times I played against Prince for the Nym deck out challenge, I was swiftly put down by Gluttons around tier 2.

I guess a more active play style is better for taking him out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, burn him down. You don't want him to unleash. If you want to deck him out you'd better bring Adelheim with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're really struggling against this guy.

Played 3 times now. Start is ok, then mid-way through, we get overwhelmed with Minions, typically 3 out at once, all damaging us and Gravehold.

By the time we've cleared them out, the marketplace is generally almost gone, and the Nemesis is still on 50+ life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.