Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vaggelis Vernadakis
Greece
Sitia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I got my copy of UTEK and I have some questions. Here goes:
1) In case you are engaged in war with the dummy player and you don't have enough resources to pay, you pay whatever you have (including food?)?
2) In case the dummy player patrols/ quests and you roll the die, the area he will move to is the first valid in clockwise direction right? And only if there is no valid move then he must collect resources?
3) Of a player quests can he move in the same territory card instead of the opponent's?
4)If the compass is on the day side, and the quest move to an area "close" is not possible, can the "far" area be chosen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelika Fröhlich
Austria
Tulln on the Danube
Lower Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Vaggelis,

I also played UTEK a few times solo and these are my answers:

1) NO, you are defeated if you can't pay the war costs. You can retreat (pay food equal to the number of armies you have in play) to move your unit to an adjacent, valid space on the same territory card. If you can't afford it, you lose your unit (it's going back to your "pool").

2) YES

3) When you are questing, you always have to move to another territory card. If you want to move on the same card, it's the patrol action.

4) The day and night "selection" of the army only appears when you select the dummy players unit. The action itself is not in dependency with the compass card!

Here is a solo playthrough. This one really helped me, but also read the comments!

Have a nice day,
Angelika

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.