Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fearsome Blade top section reads:

Attack 2
Then in smaller font underneath this attack says Push 3
1 experience point

I know from the rule book that I do not need to perform all actions on an attack card. I want to use the push part of this card and not the attack part. My character is two spaces away from the enemy. Can I just use the push part of this card or do I need to be adjacent to the enemy to use it because it is in smaller font underneath the Attack action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If something is written in small font, you *have to* perform the main action (attack in this case) to be able to do the small ones.

So you have to attack, and then, your attack will push your opponent and you'll get 1XP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You must perform the attack if you want to push. This means you must be adjacent, and able to perform an attack (not Disarmed, the target isn't Invisible, etc.).

Note that even if the card just said "Push 3" you'd still have to be adjacent, unless it specifically said "range 2" as sub-text of the Push action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.