Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I considered changing the movement mechanic after I rolled a 1 or a 2 on six consecutive turns, and she was racking up clues MUCH faster than I based on luck alone.

Next game we decided to play with 2 d4 rather than 1 d6. That way there's a bell curve distribution of outcomes, but the maximum is not a whole lot more than with 1 d6. It leaves an element of luck in the game (which is good), but not so much that luck alone can tank the game for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Wellington
msg tools
mbmb
Good thinking. This gives me ideas for adjusting other games as well. Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutvik Sanghvi
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
mb
How about removing the luck factor altogether?

For example, by allowing the players to move where they wish to, but a limit placed of 6 spaces per turn. This is to bring in the distance factor as it would in real life. That way each player can move maximum 6 spaces per turn without any luck involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japheth Jones
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the best way to handle this and keep it close to same possible results and just solve the problem without undue change.

Give everyone a-6 in a suit. Shuffle then and blindly remove 1 card. Draw to card for each move. When out, put removed card in. Shuffle and remove card. repeat. Movement will be mostly even been players. Noone will know that next card. Randomness still applies. Max move still 6. Min move still 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.