Subject: Blue vs Black TU symbols (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I just wanted to be sure about how to interpret the Blue "spend TU" symbols whenever we see them. Since TU is a shared resource assigned to the whole team, I keep getting a little confused by the rulebook's description that "other agents can act normally" when this TU is spent.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
For example, say our team goes to Location 7 (the laboratory). I have both the red and green audio tapes in my receptacle's possession. One of the agents places his pawn on space B (which reveals a mandatory fight), another selects space C (which reveals an optional search) and I select space D (which lets you listen to the tapes for blue TU).

Say we choose to spend a TU now...the agent on space B rolls for his combat. The agent on space C rolls for her search. Does this mean at this time I can use the SAME TU already spent to listen to one of my tapes?

Extending this further, if both other agents must continue their rolling (spending the additional TU to allow it), am I then subsequently allowed to listen to my second tape? Or does this space mean I mean spend two ADDITIONAL TU of my own just to be able to listen to both tapes, independently of what my team has done with the group's spent TU? In other words...must we spend four TU just to have two agents each perform two rolls, AND me to listen to two tapes?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
rdekemp wrote:
Say we choose to spend a TU now...the agent on space B rolls for his combat. The agent on space C rolls for her search. Does this mean at this time I can use the SAME TU already spent to ...

Yes, check the chart on the rules pg 17. Blue TU means other agents can spend their TU normally.

Basically, when you decide to spend a TU, each agent can do one of:
- Roll a skill test
- Move and look at a card.
- do nothing.
- do something on their card that spends Blue TU.

If something costs a Black TU then the whole group spends time on it and can do nothing else.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does, thank you It's basically how I was thinking it worked, it's just that the page 17 reference description didn't make sense to me.

Easier to just think of it as being "If your team spends a TU, you can do this thing -- if you haven't already done another thing (such as move to the space). If your team doesn't want to do anything else (for whatever reason), then you must spend a TU now to do this thing."

Ok, maybe that's wordy and not easier But I think we're clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.