Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read on twitter that it is possible to pre-order The Palace of mad king Ludwig (which hasn't got an own entry yet). Release date October. Essen pick up possible! Already made my pre-order
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was excited until I saw the game on the back of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dienes wrote:
I was excited until I saw the game on back of the box.

Look! Fancy Palace on the front cover. Flip box. Wait, those tiles are pretty boring - where did the fancy palace disappear to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Decatur
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! The tiles are quite... uniformly shaped. Seems interesting(?) that everyone is building the one castle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here, I was expecting an expansion... not sure what I think of this. I think I'll play before a buy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuri Scherbyna
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer to wait till polish guys will publish it. The made a candy for eyes from the original game, so, hope will do the same with expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gotteri
United Kingdom
CHESTERFIELD
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Polish version of 'Castles' and the artwork takes the game to a whole new level, particularly given that the whole point is to make amazing-looking castles!

I wonder if you could make a variant of the new 'Palaces' by using 'Castles' - assign a play area (string, anyone) and everyone can build rooms within it and score as normal, but once the space is filled, it's filled.

That is pure guesswork as to how 'Palaces' might work, but you could easily do that as a semi-co op on one castle using just the base game.

in fact, i'll type that up better and stick it in the Variants (if it's not already there!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.