Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave NP
United States
PRINCETON
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I played this last night for the first time, and while I definitely screwed some things up (we played with all 8 combat tokens each round. It made for lengthy rounds), I think I mostly came away with questions about damage.

Let's say during combat one side has two routed units, one with 4 health and one with 2. They need to assign 3 damage. Can the 4 health unit absorb all of it with no ill effects (since it's already routed), or must you destroy a unit if you are able to?

Also, is it possible for all units on both sides to be wiped out entirely in a single execution round? That happened, and the defender kept the structure on the planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember one of the early "how to play" videos showed them using all 8 order tokens each turn, very confusing! The deeper aspect of the game is that you can't do everything you want to do, so have to compromise...

Your understanding about assigning damage to the same routed unit is correct:

You have to assign damage to unrouted units first. However if all your units are routed, you can repeatedly assign damage to a tough unit over and over again with no further effect, as long as it isn't enough to kill it in one go.

Yes, both sides can be wiped out (note that reinforcement tokens and bastions still count as units though, right to the end). You played it right, defender wins in that case, though it only matters if there is a structure there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave NP
United States
PRINCETON
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, great, thanks!

We actually played it wrong in first instance then - a smaller unit was destroyed rather than allowing the larger unit to absorb everything.

That actually makes larger units that much more valuable, since they can act as a "shield."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.