Subject: Estimated weight? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there is very little info about this game but I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how heavy of a game this will be? Considering Jamey's past games, I'm guessing the weight will fall somewhere in between Viticulture and Scythe. But it could fall outside of that range as well. Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey addressed this in another thread:

jameystegmaier wrote:
The complexity/weight increases throughout the campaign, so I would say it starts off close to Lords of Waterdeep, reaches Calyus about halfway through, and then ends up around Ora et Labora level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

jameystegmaier wrote:
The complexity/weight increases throughout the campaign, so I would say it starts off close to Lords of Waterdeep, reaches Calyus about halfway through, and then ends up around Ora et Labora level.
I thought this guy was asking about physical weight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jasiven wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

jameystegmaier wrote:

Haha- I thought the same thing. And then I thought, "Well, that was a foolish assumption." At this point, I can't decide which it is.

Edit: Though I'm leaning towards gameplay weight, over physical weight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Somewhere around 10 lbs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was referring to complexity! Thanks! When I searched, I didn't see any info about this so this is very helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given Gloomhaven's recent release, the word "weight" tends to favor its more literal definition these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Kelly
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Is this the real life?
badge
Is it just fantasy?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasiven wrote:

Yeah, I got very confused too, because with this answer...

jameystegmaier wrote:

... it seems like Jamey has finally harnessed some kind of wormhole or quantum technology allowing him to contain things in his legacy crates that are larger than would fit in the box ordinarily.

Some kind of "Bag of Holding" type legacy expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusan Frolkovic
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foxtale wrote:

... it seems like Jamey has finally harnessed some kind of wormhole or quantum technology allowing him to contain things in his legacy crates that are larger than would fit in the box ordinarily.

Some kind of "Bag of Holding" type legacy expansions.

Baloon player boards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inflatable dice are hard to balance properly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
irrational idesign
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Scythe will have floating metal airships, so Jamey is used to violating the laws of physics ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jallred wrote:
Well, Scythe will have floating metal airships, so Jamey is used to violating the laws of physics ;-)

The Germans had floating metal airships back in WWI. (Well, not *entirely* metal, but metal-framed, at least...)

And any student of Area 51 lore will tell you that space aliens have had floating metal airships for decades, at the very least. But then, I suppose aliens aren't bound by *our* laws of physics...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.