Subject: Rising Tide Horror card question -minor spoiler- rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In playing 'Escape from Innsmouth', at the end of the 3rd day, prior to the climax, you are required to clear the board and turn over all Horror cards, 'Face up'.

Do you resolve all these immediately for each investigator before entering day 4 (scenario climax?) Are they (other than those that specifically state 'discard') then discarded, or flipped back over, 'Face down' and kept prior to day 4?

Ex: one of my investigators had 6 Face down horror (limit of 8 before insanity kicks in). 4 of them were Minor shock (no effect), 1 had me gain a Damage, the other was to drop 2 random items (ignored per app instructions).

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Escape from Innsmouth Horror card question -minor spoiler-
JaysonOl wrote:
In playing 'Escape from Innsmouth', at the end of the 3rd day, prior to the climax, you are required to clear the board and turn over all Horror cards, 'Face up'.

Do you resolve all these immediately for each investigator before entering day 4 (scenario climax?) Are they (other than those that specifically state 'discard') then discarded, or flipped back over, 'Face down' and kept prior to day 4?

Ex: one of my investigators had 6 Face down horror (limit of 8 before insanity kicks in). 4 of them were Minor shock (no effect), 1 had me gain a Damage, the other was to drop 2 random items (ignored per app instructions).

Thanks in advance.

They would behave the same as any other time you are required to turn a horror card face up. You turn them over one at a time and do exactly what it says on the card immediately. If it says discard, you discard it, otherwise you don't. If it says turn it face down, you turn it face down, otherwise it stays face up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is Rising Tide.
Should probably change the title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dion wrote:
This is Rising Tide.

Thank you! Was wondering about this. I've played Escape twice, so wasn't scared to read the post with a spoiler warning, but didn't recognize what OP was talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dion wrote:
This is Rising Tide.

Corrected - Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.