Sergeants Miniatures Game: Day of Days» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tactics Modules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Gunder
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Question regarding their use. Let's assume I'm using the tactics module shown on page 29 of the 2.0 rulebook. Let's assume I have all three spaces filled.

If one of my soldiers on the team dies, does it make ALL team cards for that panel unusable, or just cards that have the specific requirements for that space on the panel? For example, let's say my soldier in the "II" slot gets killed, can I still use "I" team cards that come up, as long as one or both of those slots are filled?

Reason I'm asking is that "required roles" don't seem completely clear in the rules. Is each space on the panel a "required role" to make the team effective, or is each space treated as a "role"? The latter seems to make the most sense...that way, as soldiers die the chances of you drawing dead cards increases, as opposed to any soldier death on the panel immediately rendering all of those team cards useless.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If one of my soldiers on the team dies, does it make ALL team cards for that panel unusable, or just cards that have the specific requirements for that space on the panel? For example, let's say my soldier in the "II" slot gets killed, can I still use "I" team cards that come up, as long as one or both of those slots are filled?

Any cards requiring a "II" are dead cards, though you still use the hit and damage results on that card. The "I" cards are still valid action cards.

Reason I'm asking is that "required roles" don't seem completely clear in the rules. Is each space on the panel a "required role" to make the team effective, or is each space treated as a "role"? The latter seems to make the most sense...that way, as soldiers die the chances of you drawing dead cards increases, as opposed to any soldier death on the panel immediately rendering all of those team cards useless.

The "required role" is what shows on the team action card in order to use it. It only has to do with the card itself, not the requirements to place a soldier into a team slot.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gunder
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Perfect, and pretty much the way I was playing it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.