Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaas Storme
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you can help me with the following questions

Do monsters from the first level follow you to the second or third, when they move to the nearest hero.

If there are multiple monsters in the room with you, do you fight one at a time? And if so what happens with excess symbols? If i defeat a monster with a defence of 2 with 3 sword symbols can I use the extra one on another monster?

Is it true that when I explore as a last action and I find a room with a monster, I have to fight it even if I don'r want to do any other actions?

If you don't have enough minor monsters, you take one from another place on the board and roll it and spawn it, this means that there is a max. Number of minor monsters that can be on the board.
I have the kickstarter edition. So I have extra monsters, do I use extra to spawn or is there a maximum.

Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
biebeldebom wrote:


Do monsters from the first level follow you to the second or third, when they move to the nearest hero.


Yes.

biebeldebom wrote:

If there are multiple monsters in the room with you, do you fight one at a time? And if so what happens with excess symbols? If i defeat a monster with a defence of 2 with 3 sword symbols can I use the extra one on another monster?


You fight them all simultaneously. Any extra symbols can be used on another monster. From the rulebook:

Ganging Up
Monsters are not so noble as Heroes, and they are quite
happy to team up on a Hero to inflict more damage. If there
is more than one monster in the same room as your Hero,
you must fight all of them, one after the other, in any order
you choose. But, all of the monsters’ abilities (see ‘Monsters’
on page 18) are active until they are defeated!

You only receive the rewards for fighting after your Hero
has fought all of the monsters in the room—such as Treasure
Cards or XP—and only if you have defeated at least one of
the monsters.


biebeldebom wrote:

Is it true that when I explore as a last action and I find a room with a monster, I have to fight it even if I don'r want to do any other actions?


When you explore a room you immediately move into it. If it has a monster, you have to fight it, like it or not. Unless you have a card that lets you ignore/teleport/etc.

biebeldebom wrote:

If you don't have enough minor monsters, you take one from another place on the board and roll it and spawn it, this means that there is a max. Number of minor monsters that can be on the board.
I have the kickstarter edition. So I have extra monsters, do I use extra to spawn or is there a maximum.


This is up to you. I've played some games where we had 10+ minor monsters on the board and other games where we limited it to 8 minors. It may affect game balance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaas Storme
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one quick rules clarification.

When a player -any player- moves down into the 3rd floor, ALL players get transported in there as well, and all other floors are removed from the game along with all monsters on them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.