Subject: Event tweak rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott McKay
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Hi. I'm thinking about trying a wee change to one of the Age A events. No, I'm not trying to 'fix' anything here, it's just for the sake of interest so I thought I'd share.

When Development of Markets comes up, it might as well just say 'All players get 2 resources' because I've never seen anyone take the 2 food. It would be much more interesting if players chose between 3 food, 2 resources, or 1 science. I suggested this in a BGO game and someone thought that 3 food would be way too powerful. I disagree: food is only good for one thing - growing your population horizontally, which quickly leads to higher food consumption and happiness problems. Whereas resources can be used to grow your civ vertically in any way. Although I would take the 3 food if I had a nice territory to play.

The 1 science seems small on its own but if it meant discovering a tech one round earlier, it could make a big difference.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Sporre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see players regularly take the food, perhaps 25% of the time. Especially if no other food or population events happen it is quite usual to take the food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No tweaks are necessary. It's a solid, versatile event, where I am taking the Food more often than not, unless I can finish my wonder on the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find myself taking the food more than I used to. Simply put, there are more ways to get rocks than there is food. Though I do tend to take rocks more, I like it the way it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I didn't know any better I'd say it sounds like the decisions in this game are very situational! devil whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience the resources are taken about 90% of the time. But that's fine. I assumed it was in the Age A deck as a way to basically have a second copy of Dev Crafts, while providing a niche alternative every few games when a player wants the food. I don't think the event needs a tweak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.