Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In the victory conditions for the first scenario [Arcadiopolis, 970 A.D.], it states that the Byzantine Army Morale Threshold increases by +1 for each Kavallarioi unit the Byzantines lose prior to Turn 5. It says this in both the original French, and in the English translation. This would strengthen the Byzantines.

This came up in a discussion on Strategikon, the French-language boardgame site. From the discussion, it is clear that the +1 should be applied to the total value of lost units [thus accelerating a Byzantine collapse], not to the Army Morale Threshold.

For those who read French, here's the link to the discussion. It's in the second, third, and fourth posts on that page.

http://www.strategikon.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2267...

2. Another point: in 10.2, both in the French and English rules, it says that the Charge bonus [either +1 or +2 to the unit's Force Points] is shown by the color of its Force Points. However, if one looks at the unit pictures on page three, the Charge bonus is indicated by the color of the horse-head icon on the counter: black = +1 and red = +2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Coupeau
France
Quimper
Breizh
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
1. In the victory conditions for the first scenario [Arcadiopolis, 970 A.D.], it states that the Byzantine Army Morale Threshold increases by +1 for each Kavallarioi unit the Byzantines lose prior to Turn 5. It says this in both the original French, and in the English translation. This would strengthen the Byzantines.

This came up in a discussion on Strategikon, the French-language boardgame site. From the discussion, it is clear that the +1 should be applied to the units lost value [thus accelerating a Byzantine collapse], not to the Army Morale Threshold.
Exact, when one Kavallarioi unit is eliminated before turn 5, the Byzantine player loses 4 pts instead of 3. Sorry about this.

2. Another point: in 10.2, both in the French and English rules, it says that the Charge bonus [either +1 or +2 to the unit's Force Points] is shown by the color of its Force Points. However, if one looks at the unit pictures on page three, the Charge bonus is indicated by the color of the horse-head icon on the counter: black = +1 and red = +2.
Right, I didn't change that point (was different on my playtest counters).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGuire
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
I can't claim familiarity with the game, but there also appears to be an error on the cover, as i can't believe Basileus is really Baliseus in French.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you're correct. However, while unfortunate, it doesn't affect game play, so I didn't bother to mention it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.