Subject: Clarification about whether tile effects persist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I tried the solo game as the Knight, and just wanted to make sure I had the rules for the tiles correct. Here's how I played:

- When you flip a treasure tile, either draw a treasure card or leave it and place a treasure token (although I'm not sure why I would)
- When you flip an event tile, draw and resolve an event
- When you flip a crystal tile, either smash it immediately (placing hero cubes if necessary/possible) or place a crystal token
- When you flip an ambush, resolve it immediately, then the ambush will never happen again

Is this all correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, the answers to these depend on whether you are flipping a tile because you have moved to it (using an encounter) or if you are using the Flare to flip it remotely.
ObligatoryReference wrote:
- When you flip a treasure tile, either draw a treasure card or leave it and place a treasure token (although I'm not sure why I would)

Technically you always place a treasure token, although if you are there using an encounter you will want to immediately pick it up so we don't bother placing it to begin with. Then you draw a treasure card and either keep it or discard it from the game for 5 grit.

If you are on the tile, yes. Otherwise place an event token and resolve the event if/when you later enter the tile.

- When you flip a crystal tile, either smash it immediately (placing hero cubes if necessary/possible) or place a crystal token

If you are on the tile, yes. Otherwise the crystal token is just placed there.

- When you flip an ambush, resolve it immediately, then the ambush will never happen again

If you are on the tile, yes. Otherwise nothing happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I tried the solo game as the Knight, and just wanted to make sure I had the rules for the tiles correct. Here's how I played:

Is this all correct?
Correct on all counts, but...

As a further clarification, these all occur as listed only when you first reveal the tile by entering it. If you reveal a tile with Vantage Point (Event) or the Flare (certain variants) you don't get to pick up the treasure, resolve the event, or smash the crystal immediately. You place the corresponding marker on the tile, and will have to use an Encounter to deal with when you enter the tile later.

Ambushes don't do anything when revealed with Vantage Point or a Flare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications! So if you're lucky enough to reveal an ambush tile with a Flare/Vantage Point, the ambush will never happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications! So if you're lucky enough to reveal an ambush tile with a Flare/Vantage Point, the ambush will never happen?
Correct. That doesn't help as much you'd think, because there are a lot of Ambush tiles... plus a few Events that trigger Ambushes too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool, thanks. Looking forward to digging more into the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just solo'd the Knight myself, and it all went so smoothly, I came to check these very questions, so thanks for posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.