Popular Tags: [View All]
HitmanN
Finland
Uusikaupunki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the thread title says,

Are gold coins placed during scenario setup considered treasure tiles? Basically, can they be looted only once, or do they spawn again for every play?

Chests can normally only be looted once, and the treasure tile explanation in the rulebook seems like it's talking about chests and stuff you can find in them. Didn't see any mention about the gold tokens. There's the same yellow color beneath both in the scenario book, so I'm guessing they are, but... better safe than sorry, so which is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They show up every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HitmanN
Finland
Uusikaupunki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just now found the answer in another thread by accident, but thanks for an additional confirmation.

Weird that I didn't come across the info earlier despite several search attempts. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HitmanN wrote:
I just now found the answer in another thread by accident, but thanks for an additional confirmation.

Weird that I didn't come across the info earlier despite several search attempts. Oh well.

Do you mind linking the other thread for posterity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HitmanN
Finland
Uusikaupunki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly.

Here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24452361#24452361

Quote:
Failed Scenario:
You can either immediately do the scenario again, or do a "town refresher" and then a road event before you do the scenario again. When you do a scenario again, looted chests don't respawn, but everything else is reset. And there is no penalty for failure.

Underlined the important bit.

Although the above only references failed scenarios, it would be weird if it didn't apply to completed scenarios too. Otherwise you could keep farming gold from same spots as long as the scenario isn't completed, but not after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HitmanN wrote:
Certainly.

Here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24452361#24452361

Quote:
Failed Scenario:
You can either immediately do the scenario again, or do a "town refresher" and then a road event before you do the scenario again. When you do a scenario again, looted chests don't respawn, but everything else is reset. And there is no penalty for failure.

Underlined the important bit.

Although the above only references failed scenarios, it would be weird if it didn't apply to completed scenarios too. Otherwise you could keep farming gold from same spots as long as the scenario isn't completed, but not after.

Thanks. I found the original Isaac post too: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23070907#23070907

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.