7 Posts

Vast: The Crystal Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: terrain questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jon b
United States
flag msg tools
is there a variant where the dotted lines for spaces are not used? (back of each tile)

the pits each require a movement so at minimum to interact, 3 movement are needed? one into pit A, then one into pit B, and then one out of B?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
global_dev wrote:
is there a variant where the dotted lines for spaces are not used? (back of each tile)

What "dotted lines" are you speaking of? The only thing used on the back of the tiles are the goblin symbols.

global_dev wrote:

the pits each require a movement so at minimum to interact, 3 movement are needed? one into pit A, then one into pit B, and then one out of B?

Just two movement: one going in, and one coming out -- you don't count the "movement" between the tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
global_dev wrote:
Each normal-sized square within the terrain tile counts as a single space no matter which side you're using.

The dotted lines are a just there as a visual option for the players. It's entirely up to you if you want to use the side with those spaces marked or the "clean" side.

Quote:
Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Damn kyle always on top of it with these questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
global_dev wrote:

Correct

So the Dragon cannot use the pits? Because it only gets to move two spaces at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to your (Kyle's) answer here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23742254#23742254 the Dragon cannot stop flying to switch directions when crossing the canyon, which I thought meant it couldn't stop flying when over the pit, which meant it only takes two moves to through the Pits else the Dragon couldn't do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dragon can use a Pit, but will need two separate movements to get through. That can be the free move for the turn plus a wing, or two wings.

You can end an individual movement on a pit, you just can't end your turn on one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.