Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dan puscaru
Romania
Iasi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I'm having some difficulties finishing the 2nd scenario from the base, Escape from Innsmouth. I can't figure out if this is a bug or if i'm doing something wrong as I couldn't find a similar case posted around here.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
More specifically, after lighting the dock lantern and ringing the bell (in that order) in the tower I go talk to agent Craven but all i get is a message similar to "He's frantically going through notes, trying to take all he can" or something to that degree. I click on Continue but nothing happens!

There's no boat at the dock and I can't take the agent with me either. Needless to say after playing for 2 and a half hours this left me very puzzled and somewhat frustrated (although the journey up to that point was a great experience).

Any insights into the above? Am i missing something, has someone had a similar experience ?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you actually talk to the boat captain using the Radio and convince him to pick you up? The Boat should show up shortly after you ring the bell (regardless of whether you lit the lantern on the docks). It might take 2 turns for the Boat to arrive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan puscaru
Romania
Iasi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
Did you actually talk to the boat captain using the Radio and convince him to pick you up? The Boat should show up shortly after you ring the bell (regardless of whether you lit the lantern on the docks). It might take 2 turns for the Boat to arrive?

Thanks for your reply!

I did talk to him on the radio yes. If i try to do that again i get the same message about the lantern and bell. The current objective states the lantern, bell and picking up Craven in order to escape; that's when I go talk to him but he just seems to be busy. Maybe it takes another turn for the boat to arrive but there's no indication of that whatsoever. I'll let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Have you checked the search token in the library where Craven is? If you find what he is looking for he may come with you. Keep in mind you are also looking for evidence on the Marsh family

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan puscaru
Romania
Iasi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
Have you checked the search token in the library where Craven is? If you find what he is looking for he may come with you. Keep in mind you are also looking for evidence on the Marsh family

I did check the library yes and solved the puzzle solving the Marsh family past.

I've attached some screenshots of the current board along with the objective and what Craven says, maybe this helps elucidate the issue. Or maybe I'm just unlucky and got a strange bug in the app.

Thanks yet again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
When checking the evidence in the item drawer does it say that you have enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan puscaru
Romania
Iasi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
When checking the evidence in the item drawer does it say that you have enough?

I totally forgot about the journal, it has changed indeed and says i need one or two more pieces of evidence. I reckon I have to explore the few remaining search token scattered on the map.

Thank you, i'm quite sure this was the culprit, very much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy B
United Kingdom
Mold
Clwyd
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Get the relic from the shop cabinet and the newspaper from the top of the toilet. That should cover you for evidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan puscaru
Romania
Iasi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Furey wrote:

Get the relic from the shop cabinet and the newspaper from the top of the toilet. That should cover you for evidence.

Thanks Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.