Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't worry if you have been contacting customer service and not receiving a response. See below from their Facebook page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spike K
msg tools
I got a reply saying they will replace the game board.

No comment on the bent minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Sufinsil wrote:
I got a reply saying they will replace the game board.

No comment on the bent minis.
the can easily be fixed irrc. Just search the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just gave my board a quick check and fortunately, I didn't see any black smudges or print lines (which wouldn't bother me too much anyway - bad eyes), so maybe the problem isn't widespread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Just gave my board a quick check and fortunately, I didn't see any black smudges or print lines (which wouldn't bother me too much anyway - bad eyes), so maybe the problem isn't widespread?

Jack, that is good to know. I have a fairly long print line that runs through most of the water on the coast. At first I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but since it is plain blue background, the dark line was noticeable fairly easily and constantly catching my eye (even though they are not lidless eyes) and my OCD when it comes to symmetry was really starting to bother me. Ares said they would replace the board once fulfillment was complete. I continue to be very impressed with Ares and their customer support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an email saying they would replace damaged components once all order fulfillment was complete.

My eastern board (Mordor and political side) is slightly warped (so doesn't lay flat), not square (doesn't fit flush with the western board), and has a small black smudge and is slightly peeling. The western board is totally fine.

As for bent minis, the hot water trick will work to straighten them. Some of the worst offenders may bend back a bit (usually not as far though), so you may have to hot water treatment them more than once.

I doubt Ares will replace bent minis as fixing bent plastic minis is pretty standard for most of these types of products, but it would be amazing if they did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
picklethehutt wrote:
I got an email saying they would replace damaged components once all order fulfillment was complete.

My eastern board (Mordor and political side) is slightly warped (so doesn't lay flat), not square (doesn't fit flush with the western board), and has a small black smudge and is slightly peeling. The western board is totally fine.

As for bent minis, the hot water trick will work to straighten them. Some of the worst offenders may bend back a bit (usually not as far though), so you may have to hot water treatment them more than once.

I doubt Ares will replace bent minis as fixing bent plastic minis is pretty standard for most of these types of products, but it would be amazing if they did.

I also received email today from Leo that in 2 to 3 weeks they will mail me a new LEFT BOARD. Very happy about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update on fixing bent minis.

I had a few stubborn spears and leaning troops that didn't respond to the initial hot water treatment. I tried again with these at a much higher temperature than I usually use (just barely below a boil) and I held those buggers under a lot longer (20 seconds or so in some cases).

No damage to the minis and everything is looking nice and straight a few hours later so I'm hoping that did the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
picklethehutt wrote:
Update on fixing bent minis.

I had a few stubborn spears and leaning troops that didn't respond to the initial hot water treatment. I tried again with these at a much higher temperature than I usually use (just barely below a boil) and I held those buggers under a lot longer (20 seconds or so in some cases).

No damage to the minis and everything is looking nice and straight a few hours later so I'm hoping that did the trick.

I had more luck using the hot hair dryer on these than water, held them under hot air for around 10 seconds, then after fixing position blasted with cold air for 20 seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have pretty much the same "line through the water". Highly visible. Not erasable (i had smudges in a few other places inside but removable with a clotch).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brandoncorgi wrote:
Don't worry if you have been contacting customer service and not receiving a response. See below from their Facebook page.

After seeing your post I contacted Ares about my deformed red tray/lid and marks on my western/left board. Leo got back to me quickly with the assurance they'd send replacements in due course. Ares has great customer service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. I didn't open the map until today and found the dreaded black lines, long and ugly on both halves. And the lid top is scuffed. cry First world problems, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
brandoncorgi wrote:
picklethehutt wrote:

I also received email today from Leo that in 2 to 3 weeks they will mail me a new LEFT BOARD. Very happy about this.

Just received my replacement board. It was damaged in shipping. Just no luck. See email to Ares Below.....

Leo I received the board replacement today and I thank you for the fast delivery. 
However im sorry to say that the board I now received is also damaged.  The box had a hole on the edge and was wet. This shipping problem unfortunately impacted the board in the center as shown in the pictures attached. 
Can you please take care of this problem.
Thanks again for your great service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
brandoncorgi wrote:
brandoncorgi wrote:
picklethehutt wrote:

Just received my replacement board. It was damaged in shipping. Just no luck. See email to Ares Below.....

Leo I received the board replacement today and I thank you for the fast delivery. 
However im sorry to say that the board I now received is also damaged.  The box had a hole on the edge and was wet. This shipping problem unfortunately impacted the board in the center as shown in the pictures attached. 

Edited cuz cant spell when mad.

I have to say I am done giving Ares anymore of my money. I just received my replacement board as well. They shipped it in the bottom of a box with no bubble wrap or any protection other than brown paper laid on top of it. Of course the corners are damaged and the right board now pokes up in the middle where one corner is damaged. How could you not know to protect the corners of the board? I regret ever getting involved with this company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
I requested replacement for a damaged companion book and received a board replacement instead! The replacement board was also badly damaged due to lack of any shipping materials shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
I requested replacement for a damaged companion book and received a board replacement instead! The replacement board was also badly damaged due to lack of any shipping materials shake

It only gets worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
brandoncorgi wrote:
brandoncorgi wrote:
picklethehutt wrote:

Edited cuz cant spell when mad.

I have to say I am done giving Ares anymore of my money. I just received my replacement board as well. They shipped it in the bottom of a box with no bubble wrap or any protection other than brown paper laid on top of it. Of course the corners are damaged and the right board now pokes up in the middle where one corner is damaged. How could you not know to protect the corners of the board? I regret ever getting involved with this company.

My replacement board was also damaged the same as the rest, but I think you are being dramatic as well about Ares and their customer service. I agree that they way they shipped the replacement could have been executed better but that is a logistical issue and not really completely to blame on Ares if they weren't the ones to package the shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are entitled to you opinion. However, Ares took my money for this game a long time ago and has now twice sent me damaged goods. I have only communicated with Ares and was told by there representatives to contact them about any issues. Im not sure why The distributor is responsible. They definitely did not get the bulk of my payment to Ares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear I'm not the only one who's had problems with replacements. I requested a new left board (marked) and a new red tray + lid (badly warped). Received my replacements from Alliance Distributing two days ago: new board had a crunched corner and they didn't include the lid for the tray. Back around I go. shake

Ares is using Alliance as a fulfillment partner, so I can't really fault them for their partner's lack of attention to detail. Replacements just shipped, so they may only now be aware there is a problem.

To help them police Alliance I included a shot of my packing slip. You can see on it that Alliance bills Ares for every replacement pick they do, so hopefully they can use that info to apply pressure to Alliance to step up their pick-and-ship QC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My board was also shipped with it lying on the bottom of the box with some brown crushed packing paper laid on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Likewise, my replacement board was heavily damaged due to almost no protection in the shipping box. I believe it had two small inflated cushions on top of the box and a small piece of brown paper wrapping part of the board, with the board laying on the bottom of the box. My replacement board is much more heavily damaged than the minor damage on the original board.

I am not happy with Alliance Game Distributors at all, but I trust Ares will make things right in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for alerting us to the issues with the replacement components you got.
This is definitely unpleasant and I do agree that from a customer's point of view it matters little whether the error is Ares' or Alliance's or UPS's.
We will of course investigate the matter because it's a waste of our money and of your patience to send replacements in a way that they arrive damaged again.
That said, if for any reason your replacement is not 100% to your satisfaction, just write to customer care (customercare[at]aresgames.eu) again and we'll get a new one in the mail to you.
It is also acceptable if you want to resend the entire product and we'll provide a full refund - I think it's also appropriate to remind that it's since last year we offered refunds to anybody who was not happy with our delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Caveat: the problem with the boards is about 1.5% of the print run (30 copies) to the best of our knowledge. So if you don't see any black lines on your board... it is because there are not any.

Please only request for a replacement if you actually see visible marks/damage on your board, not just because you think it might be damaged and you don't see the box (or because you did not open the box and you "want to be safe").

We accounted for up to 5% replacement rate on any individual component, to be on the safe side, and we can service all well-founded requests without problems to us or you - but we cannot replace components without need!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Roberto,

I assume the print/graphic design error with the thick black lines at same of the settlement names is on all boards? Morannon and Mt. Gundabad for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.