Popular Tags: [View All]
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I am filling out my collections on all three sites, and I have some questions regarding some of the private info that can be added.

1.) How are you using the acquisition date and the inventory date in your collection? (I was thinking acquisition would be when I paid for it and inventory would be when it actually arrived in my hot little hands.)

2.) Is there specific functionality in the Geek that attaches to these? (I see acquisition is a filter and a sortable field in columns, but I'm not seeing inventory anywhere.)

It probably doesn't matter too much, but I have a small Kickstarter addiction and I am trying to figure out how best to treat those dates. Any tips and tricks you can offer are much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kelso
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use one date and that is the date the game is finally in my house. Before then, there's no telling what could happen. Even an Amazon order can't be said to reach my house with 100% certainty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
That's actually why I want to use separate dates - like, an 'I paid two weeks ago, why do I not have it?' feature. Might not be the intended use, but I thought I'd ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use either of those fields, personally. There are a lot of boxes available in the collection entries that I simply never use. With a large collection filling in all those bits add up to a great deal of time spent on what feels to me like busy work; I'd rather spend that time actually playing games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amyotheramy wrote:
(I was thinking acquisition would be when I paid for it and inventory would be when it actually arrived in my hot little hands.)

That's exactly how I use those dates. For Kickstarter campaigns, I fill in the date the campaign closed as Acquisition Date. When I buy a game at my local store, I fill in both dates to be the same.

I don't think there are any functions on BGG that use those dates though. It might be that Friendless' extended stats make use of them in some way, but that would be assuming those fields are even retrievable through the API.

Link to my Friendless' extended stats page: http://friendlessstats.dtdns.net/dynamic/tabbed/SpecularRain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thank you for the responses. That Friendless' thing is cool; did not know about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.