Subject: Meeple Realty Insert is out! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
http://www.meeplerealty.com/store/p92/Gloomhaven_Town_%28Com...

Looks pretty great, just gotta convince my wife to let me drop $55 on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't get my head around paying $55 to store a game that cost $64. Is it just me? (probably)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassio Santos Pereira
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
I can't get my head around paying $55 to store a game that cost $64. Is it just me? (probably)

Well, just imagine that shipping to Canada costs another $52.99 and you might feel better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
philmcd wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, the MSRP is now $140. You just got it at a great price.

The insert is certainly a luxury item though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wallace
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ya I have no idea how much it costs to make these things. However, around forty dollars I think was what I was expecting to make this a must buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Broken Token is also going to make a Gloomhaven insert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

Yes I do know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Durrett
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*Checks PayPal balance, sees that it covers all but shipping, places order*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

I know there is a 2nd company making one but I don't think it's Broken Token. I think it was in one of the kickstarter updates a little while back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasquid wrote:
philmcd wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, the MSRP is now $140. You just got it at a great price.

The insert is certainly a luxury item though.

I already felt great because I think the game was an absolute bargain. I'm going to back the new KS to get another one for my younger son as a Christmas present at the higher price. But I'd sooner buy another quality game than a storage 'solution'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:

This is what I call the "ratio fallacy".

Suppose you got the game for free, or suppose you had to pay $300 for it. Regardless of what you paid, the value of the insert is the same. It doesn't depend on the acquisition cost of the game, it just depends on how much value the insert adds as you play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well.. the game cost me 100$.. (mini version) so it's still an ~ok deal.. but, well for me, it cost 52$ for shipping the thing.. ahaha.. I had my credit card out and all but yeah.. 98% of the price for shipping, nope, not happening. ahahah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmb
How do the card tray work? Seem like getting them out is a chore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
philmcd wrote:

Suppose you got the game for free, or suppose you had to pay $300 for it. Regardless of what you paid, the value of the insert is the same. It doesn't depend on the acquisition cost of the game, it just depends on how much value the insert adds as you play the game.

It's no fallacy, it's $55 for a box or $55 for another quality game. In my view, a game wins every time. It's my money I'm spending, not yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
philmcd wrote:

It's no fallacy, it's $55 for a box or $55 for another quality game. In my view, a game wins every time. It's my money I'm spending, not yours.

So why did you bring up the $64 cost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lassberg
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up!

Just ordered one. I'll toss a post up when I get it built with a quick review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
philmcd wrote:

He just shared an idea which is a sound idea. I don't think he meant ABR personal offense. Anyhow the point is that if you can save an hour per session how much more time do you have to play other games out pursue other activities? $55 is a steal in my opinion but I can appreciate if not everyone agrees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

The designer stated in a podcast that I listened to that Broken Token received an early production copy of the game as well. He indicated that they were working on one.

Do you have a preference for Broken Token over Meeple Reality? The only insert I've purchased so far was the Broken Token insert for Caverna. It's great, but their prices seem to be a bit higher than Meeple Reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ramos
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeple realty inserts are now sold by Board Game Bliss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P0isson wrote:
philmcd wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
philmcd wrote:

He just shared an idea which is a sound idea. I don't think he meant ABR personal offense. Anyhow the point is that if you can save an hour per session how much more time do you have to play other games out pursue other activities? $55 is a steal in my opinion but I can appreciate if not everyone agrees.

Hey, I'm not saying it shouldn't appeal to anyone else. With regard to setup time, I spent a pound on a pack of 40 A5 envelopes. Each monster has it's own envelope for standees, stat card and action deck (when not a combined deck). Paul Grogan suggested it and it works really well for speedy setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
philmcd wrote:

I disagree. The cost of the insert is the same, but the value of the insert changes from person to person. Just because someone doesn't put the same value on it as you do for the same reasons that you do, their valuation does not become a "fallacy".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful work, and well worth the price. I just never see any point in getting these when a few minutes of measuring and cutting foamcore, chipboard, and/or cardstock gets me a solution tailored precisely to my needs. I have my box organized so that only the stuff I need for every scenario is readily accessible and all of the stuff that is folded in over time stays out of the way. I also greatly prefer having everything needed to set up a monster in one envelope instead of separating the cards and the standees.

I would never begrudge anyone for buying an insert like this, though. It's beautiful, sturdy, thought out well, and takes no time at all other than waiting for a shipment. Framing this as "insert, or new game?" only matters to people who can't afford both. And it's like asking someone who fishes "tackle box, or new lures?" The two are complementary, not equivalent, and sometimes you'll need one more than the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
martidem wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
philmcd wrote:

I disagree. The cost of the insert is the same, but the value of the insert changes from person to person. Just because someone doesn't put the same value on it as you do for the same reasons that you do, their valuation does not become a "fallacy".

Basing the value of the insert around how much you paid for the game is a fallacy though.

If someone gave me a box of Gloomhaven for free, that shouldn't impact how much I value an insert. There's no reason for it to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasquid wrote:
martidem wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
philmcd wrote:

Basing the value of the insert around how much you paid for the game is a fallacy though.

If someone gave me a box of Gloomhaven for free, that shouldn't impact how much I value an insert. There's no reason for it to.

There may be no reason for that to have an impact for you, but that doesn't make it wrong for it to have an impact for someone else. Value is based on personal factors, and is not a "failure in reasoning" (the definition of fallacy). If someone wants to value the insert based on how much they paid for the game, then that's their personal value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit amused that their solution for the board tiles is to simply "dump them into this area over here."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.