Popular Tags: [View All]
Marja Erwin
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I don't have a gaming group, so I have been playtesting Tatchanka on my own. I have a number of older playtest photos on the CSW page and Legion Wargames' BGG thread.

On the 9th, I had a 7-7-7 tie in Fall of the Directory, after the Directory forces retook Kyiv on the last turn:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marja Erwin
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On February 22nd, the Whites won a 17-11 victory in "The Road to Freedom?" by forcing a Directory withdrawal, despite Makhnovist successes around Katerynoslav. (I think it would be 17-14 with the current scoring.)

If enemy forces occupy the routes to Kamianets, then the Directory's regular forces withdraw. This reflects the Directory's reluctance to cooperate with the Makhnovists, and encourages all sides to fight for that corner of the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marja Erwin
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On March 13th & 15th, I had 15-12--2 and 10-12-2 Bolshevik victories in Fall of the Directory. Both times the Bolsheviks won, with the Whites in 2nd place, and the Directory in last place.

I also had the Whites try to concentrate in Yuzivka after they failed to take Katerynoslav. A high-risk strategy compared to trying to hold the area aruound Yuzivka.

I decided to cut Bolshevik diplomatic rolls, so they have a bit more trouble bringing the Hryhorevists, Zelenyyists, and similar factions to their side. I think that should bring better balance from here on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marja Erwin
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On March 29th, a 9-8-3 White victory, with the Bolsheviks taking Kyiv again. On March 30th, a 6-6-1 Directory-White tie. On April 5th a 12-10-6 Directory victory, despite Bolshevik diplomatic successes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Heron
Poland
Krakow
małopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks very interesting, both for its dealing with the Russian Civil War (a favourite topic of mine) and for being a rare entry in the subgenre of 3-player wargames.

I've placed a preorder with Legion. Hope it goes to the printers in the not-too-distant future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Paul,

Thank you for the CPO and I too hope to get this one released in the not too distant future. The 2017 schedule is booked solid but there is already a slot in the 2018 schedule for this games.

Thank you for your support of Legion Wargames.

Randy Lein
Owner - Legion Wargames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.