Subject: a few variant rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
critical hits:
-only on rolls of natural 6 can you choose which ship is destroyed, all other casualties are chosen by the side taking the hits.
this way fleets tend to last longer and have slightly more impact in battles from their bonuses.

frigates:
frigates are smaller ships, more maneuvrable (for example klingon bird of prey).
-they move 4 sectors at impulse
-each pair of frigates give you 1 die in battles
-they can move past enemy ships but a roll of 6 can still block them causing an instant battle (5,6 if there are defending frigates)
-3 frigates cost 2 production to build.

maulers:
maulers are ships that can do tremendous damage
-they have +1 on their roll
-they can always pick their target (all hits are critical, see above)
-2 maulers cost 3 production to build.

free moves:
any ship that wasnt given a command in a turn may make 1 free impulse move.

near misses:
ie any roll that is 1 short of causing a hit is considered to badly damage a ship
for each such near miss an opponent has to choose: retreat a ship immediately or see it destroyed automatically in next combat round.

these might spice up the tactics in space battles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I think you might want to stick to Eclipse then. STA isn't really that much about combat. Hence why it is so meh on combat mechanics.

As for critical hits there already is that with Klingon Disrupters which do auto hit on 6 regardless of damage.

Now I know where you are coming from. I would like a Star trek theme table top tactics game. Star Trek X-wing doesn't feel right with their hero click models. Also the best Star Trek game out there is well Star Wars Armada but I don't think WizKidz will be making a 2.0 edition. It's a shame really we don't have better options for us Star trek Fans. I guess FTL star trek mod is the best we are going to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.