Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/cbo-report-health-car...

Tough sell for the Republicans. This is where the rubber hits the road, so to speak, and they learn that it's not all wine and roses up on Capitol Hill. I can't believe that Repub Senators are going to march home to their constituents and announce this with a smile on their face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/13/budget-analysis-o...

Wanted to see what Fox would have.

Credit must go to conservative Republicans for their proposed replacement of the ACA: personal responsibility and choice* should trump (no pun intended) government dictates. And that's what this repeal would do -- give people a choice. Eat and pay rent, or have health insurance. Because the majority of people who will lose coverage are not the people who could get private insurance before the ACA. The bill does strip out the requirement that insurance companies, may they burn in hell, give only the Cadillac option as insurance. Now, people who could afford private insurance before the ACA can go back to getting just a plan that covers catastrophic illness and/or hospitalization, and pay whatever else they need out of their own pocket. These were really not the people targeted by the ACA -- it was aimed specifically at poor people who couldn't afford even the barest bones insurance policy.

And they're the ones who are now given the gift of choice and personal responsibility. It is almost as priceless as the gift given the 1-percenters who will see their income tax burden drop significantly under the proposed repeal, as well insurance companies, and manufacturers of medical equipment. Ah, it's good to be the rich....

*-unless that choice involves whether or not to carry to full term, or to use the restroom you identify with, or smoke a joint, or ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:

Tough sell for the Republicans. This is where the rubber hits the road, so to speak, and they learn that it's not all wine and roses up on Capitol Hill. I can't believe that Repub Senators are going to march home to their constituents and announce this with a smile on their face.

I would not count on the Republican rank and file to grow spines here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's interesting that even those who thought it would be bad are surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
But I just heard on NPR radio that it would reduce the deficit by 340 billion dollars over 20 years. That's the Silver lining. Right?

VP Pence was in town Saturday to pitch the AHAC to Kentuckians. A friend mine went to protest. I heard protesters outnumbered supporters now that more Kentuckians have learned that the Obamacare they hated is the same thing as the ACA they signed up for.

I was just told that President Trump will be here Monday as well. It seems Kentucky is just so important right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:

This might get it to pass the House due to the deficit reduction numbers. That might appease the fiscal conservatives that are not happy with it. As expected, the WH just held a press conference where they think the CBO numbers on uninsured are completely wrong, while the deficit numbers are 100% correct. So they are just going to continue to spin it to help it pass the House.

The challenge they face is in the Senate, where there are some moderate Republicans that don't want to see the Medicaid expansion end completely. The problem is that the deficit numbers are highly dependent upon the Medicaid expansion dying. So, the very thing that they may have to compromise on in the Senate would basically kill the deficit reduction which is the thing they need to get it to pass in the House.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, to our poorer, sicker citizens, the bad news is that you're going to die, but the good news is that in a few years, the bond interest rate might go up slightly faster!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If only the poor devils had actually known that the ACA was Obamacare !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.