Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Wondering what it would be like if this game had an expansion. Besides adding more monsters of the week, what are some characters who would be fun to be playable?

I would love to see Anya, Tara, Wesley, Cordelia and maybe even..dare I say it..Riley Finn?

I'm not sure what Anya's powers would be though!

It would be cool to also see some characters from Angel appear, and maybe add a secton Los Angeles board. We could see Fred, Gunn, Illyria...Lilah?

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Roachelle
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An expansion is already being developed. It was announced on the Jasco Games FB page and in this article

https://www.n3rdabl3.com/2016/07/19/159241/interview-thomas-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
WittyreaderLI wrote:
Hey all,

what are some characters who would be fun to be playable?

I would love to see Anya, Tara, Wesley, Cordelia and maybe even..dare I say it..Riley Finn?

I'm not sure what Anya's powers would be though

Thoughts?

Faith!!! and Oz... and Dawn

and maybe some campaigns with specific goals...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oncoming Storm
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Would love to see evil Willow as a big bad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Favilli
Switzerland
flag msg tools
I'd like...

New characters:

- Faith
- Dawn
- Anya
- Oz
- Tara (possible power: if she gets a wound and Willow is in play, destroy immediately three baddies and Willow becomes evil ).

New Big Bads:

- Drusilla
- Angelus
- Dark Willow
- Faith

New monsters of the week

- The Anointed One
- Anya
- The school cook
- Buffybot
- Olaf the troll
- The Inca Mummy (Ampata)
- Gachnar (the "actual size" demon )

And, please, give them more funny powers (like the Gentlemen and Sweet)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
Didol wrote:

!

what a great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I. Withnail
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buffybot would be awesome! Maybe as an item that could negate wounds against Buffy?

Anya, Dawn, Oz and Tara would all be musts, you'd think. Faith too, probably, in which case some kind of possibility for her to also be Monster of the Week and temporarily leave play for another character might work nicely. I'd like to see Robin Wood. Wesley, yes, but he'd be better in an Angel box. Riley strictly optional. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
mb
There's also Amy that would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as some of the fans fit Riley, he could definitely work with the board, as his starting location (The Initiative) is already present!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So here is what they where going to be doing. then they changed it to just an Expansion I think they should do both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think I'd want any sideboards like the Eldritch Horror big box expansions- I'd prefer stuff more like the small boxes, personally. Add more substance to the game without adding bloat.

That being said, there are a few "fixes" that I wouldn't mind in a future expansion. First of all, I'd absolutely love to have either:
a: Specific standees for each Monster of the Week
or, if that's too much
b: Monster of the Week cards with the monster's picture on it
I love Buffy, but I've only watched the series once all the way through, and that was several years ago. I don't remember who characters like Gnarl are, especially when I can't put a face to a name.

Also, I'd like more thematic event cards. The "lurks/terrorizes" flavor is nice, but the third ability is always worded so gamey. Maybe throw in just a little more flavor- after all, the cards' newspaper theming is really cool, they should take that idea and run with it!

OncomingStorm wrote:
Would love to see evil Willow as a big bad!

I'd love to see that gameplay work out almost like a Betrayal at the House on the Hill scenario. While fighting a few monsters of the week (maybe 2 instead of 3) players would also have to bring items to Willow in an attempt to stop her from turning "evil". After amassing a certain amount of each item- perhaps in this case, something like 5 of each item (and after both Monsters of the Week have been defeated)- Willow would discard the plot card of hers that refers to that specific item. If they don't manage it after the Doom thread reaches a certain number (maybe 6?) Willow turns and is able to convert all items amassed that have not made a full set into power to use against the Scoobies, as well as unused clues.

It'd be a pretty big change from the normal play of the game, but that season saw some pretty big changes anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trad Man
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Specific spells that the players can use.

Like an invisibility spell can prevent baddies from attacking you

Or a protection spell can prevent baddies and big bads from entering a location.

Or a Restoration spell to get rid of a "Turn evil" condition.

Stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didol wrote:
I'd like...

New characters:

- Faith
- Dawn
- Anya
- Oz
- Tara (possible power: if she gets a wound and Willow is in play, destroy immediately three baddies and Willow becomes evil ).

New Big Bads:

- Drusilla
- Angelus
- Dark Willow
- Faith

New monsters of the week

- The Anointed One
- Anya
- The school cook
- Buffybot
- Olaf the troll

The only issue with having faith, Angellus, and willow as big bads is, thematically, you couldn't play them as heroes.

If you add Anya as a hero, and have her as MOW, it would be odd if you drew her and she was in play as a hero.

They'd have to make specifications as to how it works in these cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
Didol wrote:
I'd like...

New characters:

- Faith
- Dawn
- Anya
- Oz

New Big Bads:

- Drusilla
- Angelus
- Dark Willow
- Faith

New monsters of the week

- The Anointed One
- Anya
- The school cook
- Buffybot
- Olaf the troll

The only issue with having faith, Angellus, and willow as big bads is, thematically, you couldn't play them as heroes.

If you add Anya as a hero, and have her as MOW, it would be odd if you drew her and she was in play as a hero.

They'd have to make specifications as to how it works in these cases.

I mean, these MOWs/Big Bads could just have text on the card resolving this. For instance, Angellus could read "If Angel is currently on the board as a hero, that player must draw a new hero when 3 MOWs have been defeated."
OR
"If Angel is currently on the board as a hero, select a different Big Bad to play instead."

Either should work. MOWs could be done in a similar way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.