Marc Buckingham
msg tools
mb
I have enjoyed the shadows of brimstone

I have the core sets and the Trederra expansion BUT I am keen to get some of the extra CARD ONLY expansions. As far as i can see you can only get this direct from Flying Frog.

Love the game, but their first kickstart is a mess and they are poor at communication. I wonder if I order from their shop, will i ACTUALLY get my products?

Do I risk it? Does anyone have any experience of buying from the Flying Frog Webstore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered some of the extra card packs and some early release expansion stuff. i've never head a problem receiving anything from the store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steam_bucky wrote:
I have enjoyed the shadows of brimstone

I have the core sets and the Trederra expansion BUT I am keen to get some of the extra CARD ONLY expansions. As far as i can see you can only get this direct from Flying Frog.

Love the game, but their first kickstart is a mess and they are poor at communication. I wonder if I order from their shop, will i ACTUALLY get my products?

Do I risk it? Does anyone have any experience of buying from the Flying Frog Webstore?

Ordered from their store multiple different times, never once had an issue. I consider their store absolutely solid. You can order with confidence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb

With the profit margin they make on those card packs, you better hope they actually ship them out promptly!

I don't recall ever hearing of a bad experience buying card packs from their store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was once ordered something on a Friday afternoon and had the items the following Monday. YMMV depending on how far from Seattle you are though (where they operate out of), I am about 850 miles away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:

With the profit margin they make on those card packs, you better hope they actually ship them out promptly!

I don't recall ever hearing of a bad experience buying card packs from their store.

The last time I ordered card packs (on a buy-2-get-1-free sale), I ordered 3 sets of 3 card packs. They only sent one set. They very promptly sent the other two sets after I brought it to their attention.

If you're just ordering card packs, wait for a holiday sale. They frequently have buy-2-get-1-free sales for card supplements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
never had a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roper
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ordered all of my SoB products directly from Flying Frog throughout the past few years. That being said... They have forgotten card packs in one order and left out models in another. Contacting them to get replacements for the missing pieces can be a pain. They also don't reply fast or even at all sometimes if they are busy with a convention.

I'd say go for it. Some of those card packs are a good addition to the game. If you end up missing anything contact admin@flyingfrog.net and they will fix the mistake eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have ordered plenty from them with positive results thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never had a problem, same as buying from any online store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Buckingham
msg tools
mb
Thanks guys for this info - its put my mind at rest :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They aren't great at communication, but they ship things promptly if they have them, and if an issue does arise, they bend over backwards to fix it. Their customer service is phenomenal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gavindowning wrote:
They aren't great at communication, but they ship things promptly if they have them, and if an issue does arise, they bend over backwards to fix it. Their customer service is phenomenal.

x2

OD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Bailey
msg tools
I've ordered every card pack from them, along with preview items and holiday specials. About seven orders in total, none had any issues. Except that I wish I also picked up the Ally pack.

I continuously kick myself for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Cardell
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've bought quite a bit of stuff. Basically everything unique for the web store, except for the resin gunslinger thingy. One time when I ordered extra enemies, they missed adding the bats. This was just before x-mas, so I guess things were a bit hectic. They sent them to me straight away after I contacted them, so I'm very pleased with the customer service this far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.