Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Need some rules clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Mrowiec
Poland
flag msg tools
I would appreciate if someone could clarify some things for me:

1) There are 2 investigator in a location. An enemy is engaged with investigator A, who uses Elusive ("Disengage with each enemy engaged with you"). Does the enemy automatically engage with investigator B or does it have to wait until the enemy phase?

2) When does Thrall ("Spawn - location with the most clues") appear if there are no discovered locations with clues in them?

3) How does Double or Nothing work with cards like Deduction ("Discover one additional clue")? Does it multiply the base number of clues and then adds 1 or (1+1)*2?

4) Similarly, how does DoN work with Derringer ("If you succeed by 2 or more, this attack deals +1 damage")? Its description suggests that you add damage after the test so do I deal 3 damage or 4?

5) Finally, do I draw two cards after commiting a basic skill card like Perception?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
1) Immediately.
2) You choose between tied qualifying locations - in this case all locations since they all have the same most (zero) number of clues.
3) Double everything. (But only modifications to the test result like from weapons or skill cards, not reactions to the test result like card draw skills or Doctor Milan Christopher or Rex ability)
4) It still modifies the test result and doesn't reactively deal an independent instance of 1 direct damage (Like Dwarven Axe in Lotr does or something), so I'd double it.
5) No, as mentioned above, that's a reaction to the test result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Weltenreiter wrote:
4) It still modifies the test result and doesn't reactively deal an independent instance of 1 direct damage (Like Dwarven Axe in Lotr does or something), so I'd double it.

For the various succeed by 2 effects l, you have to succeed by 2 over the doubled difficulty from DoN to add damage, which is then applied during both resolutions.

So if you DoN a Derringer against an enemy with 4 Combat, the new difficult is (8). If you make that, you do 2 points (1 point for success, applied twice). If you get a 10, you do 4 points (2 points for success by 2 over the difficulty, applied twice).

Quote:
) No, as mentioned above, that's a reaction to the test result.

This is no longer true as of FAQ 1.0. Skill cards and effects that provide direct rewards for succeedung on the skill test, like the various skill cantrips, do have their effect applied with the rsecond resolution.

Good on the rest, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
bd flory wrote:
Quote:
) No, as mentioned above, that's a reaction to the test result.

This is no longer true as of FAQ 1.0. Skill cards and effects that provide direct rewards for succeedung on the skill test, like the various skill cantrips, do have their effect applied with the rsecond resolution.

Missed that one, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Mrowiec
Poland
flag msg tools
Ok, now I get it. Thanks guys!w
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.